A dog-friendly Bolthole for seven on the edge of Pentraeth forest, set in half an acre of mature gardens and just 5 minutes walk from Red Wharf Bay
Ty’r Ardd is a superb, extended 1850s detached holiday cottage set in half an acre of mature gardens in the village of Pentraeth, near the coast at Red Wharf Bay, on the popular Isle of Anglesey.
This delightful dog-friendly holiday cottage is situated in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty down a quiet, secluded lane. It has been fully modernized to provide quality accommodation throughout, offering a warm welcome at any time of the year.
This Pentraeth holiday cottage offers four pleasant bedrooms, two steps down into a spacious and airy sitting room with a woodburning stove, and views onto the garden and beyond. The comfortable fitted kitchen with dining area is a space where there is room for everyone to relax.
Once the former gardener’s cottage (Ty’r Ardd in Welsh) on a large estate, the outside of Ty’r Ardd will impress. There are numerous terraces, patio seating areas, a luxurious wood-burning Swedish hot tub, large grassy lawns, and a small orchard. This is a delightful garden setting to relax in or to dine alfresco whilst listening to the sound of the sea in the distance; pheasants and red squirrels are regular visitors and so lovely to see.
Anglesey has many beautiful and secluded beaches to visit, and those around Pentraeth are no exception. Llanddona beach, Red Wharf Bay, and Benllech beach are all perfect places for children to build sandcastles and for adults to sit back and relax whilst taking in the stunning views of the area.
The coastal towns of Beaumaris and Menai Bridge are both just a 15-minute drive away. Both fantastic areas to visit with independent shops and restaurants to enjoy. Marvel at Telford’s Menai Suspension Bridge, explore Beaumaris Castle – a medieval gem, enjoy a wonderful local ice-cream from The Red Boat Ice Cream Parlour or perhaps take a boat trip across to Puffin Island to see beautiful seabirds in their natural habitat.
With plenty of space to spread out and plenty of activities and destinations within easy reach, Ty’r Ardd offers something for everyone, whatever the time of year.
Sleeps 7 guests in four bedrooms. Dog-friendly (maximum two dogs)
- Four bedrooms: 1 x ground floor king-sized bed with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x ground floor king-size bed, 1 small double, 1 x twin
- Shower room with double shower, basin, and WC
- Fitted kitchen with dining area
- Sitting room with comfy sofas, woodburning stove and door to garden.
- Oil central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher
- Washing maiden and outside retractable washing line; iron and ironing board
- 3 TVs available. Smart TV with DVD/Blu ray player with Freeview channels. In addition, one of the kingsize bedrooms and also the twin bedroom have smart TVs with Freeview (WiFi signal to the bedroom TVs not strong).
- Log fired Swedish hot tub
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove and hot tub included in rent. Additional logs are available to be purchased locally
- Bed linen and towels included in rent
- Travel cot, highchair, baby bath and stairgate available on request
- Off-road parking for 2 cars
- Bike storage
- Lawns and patios to the front and rear, with covered Swedish hot tub, furniture, and BBQ (charcoal). Note, not fully enclosed (there is access out by the garage) and there is a pond at the bottom of the garden around which young children should be supervised at all times
- 2 dogs welcome
- No smoking
- Shops and pub 12 mins walk
- Beach 5 mins walk
Note: Due to stairs at the entrance and throughout the property, this cottage may not be suitable for those with limited mobility
Nicky and I are very honoured to be your first guests staying at Ty’r Ardd. We have been most comfortable and the cottage is all very well equipped. We have enjoyed days out at the Hidden Gardens, the beach, Pringle Shopping and Fron-Goch Garden Centre. We have had a super time and thank you both so much for letting us stay in your lovely holiday home.
Hilary, August 2020
Thank you so much for letting me be one of the first to experience a stay at Ty’r Ardd…You have worked so hard to create a very lovely holiday home with all mod cons – even including a hot-tub. Wall to wall pheasants and I saw my first ever Anglesey red squirrel in the garden as well! Newborough beach was brilliant – once parked – and we have a brilliant walk along the beach with plenty of room for everyone to “socially distance”. Many thanks to you both.
Nicky, August 2020
We’ve had a fantastic week at Ty’r Ardd – it’s super cosy & very well equipped. We’ve all slept really well – it’s so very peaceful. Lots of birds to spot from the kitchen window – but no red squirrels – next time hopefully! We’ve loved the hot tub – was much fun. We also loved Lligwy beach – with a little bar and the pizza cafe (toilets too). The beach here is so close and we walked over to the Ship Inn/Boat Inn across the beach when the tide was out. Social distancing & a bank holiday meant we didn’t get to have a drink in the sunshine – fit flops or wellies are recommended for this walk and watch for when the tide came in. Beaumaris – lots to do and see – can’t wait to go crabbing when the pier re-opens. Central Bakery is a must too. Very much looking forward to returning!
The Lee Family August 2020
Thank you! We’ve enjoyed a relaxing break in your lovely cottage. The beds are very comfortable, the showers extremely efficient and the kitchen wonderfully equipped. The time, thought and attention to detail you’ve put into making the cottage the perfect destinations is superb. We’ve enjoyed the peace and quiet, the family of pheasant, the peacock and the birds. Newborough beach, The Oyster Catcher, Oriel Ynys Môb, Beaumaris chippy. All worth a visit!
Rob & Sue, Sept 2020