Tyn Y Coed
A glorious farmhouse hideaway for six surrounded by space and nature
Tyn Y Coed is slap bang in the heart of lush Anglesey and is a perfect group spot for family or close friends.
Just a few fields from the village of Llanerchymedd, this beautifully restored stone house has been hunkering down in the countryside here for years and years and its’ the interiors now fresh and modern.
Arrive, kick off your boots in the handy porch and breathe. On the ground floor is a kitchen – perfectly formed and sleek with all you need. The dining area is just right for cracking open a bottle of wine and chatting while supper is bubbling. Or swing open the patio doors and eat al fresco in the garden at the roomy picnic bench.
An electric wood-burner belts out the heat in the ground floor sitting room and there’s plenty of space for everybody to relax without feeling cramped.
Up the stairs are light-filled bedrooms. Two front double bedrooms with well-chosen bedding with splashes of colour and country views and plenty of storage. A twin room at the back is great for peeking out at the barn to fully immerse in the country life.
The bathroom is roomy with a great bath for long soaks or a crisp, modern shower is on hand – great for hosing down after muddy rambles.
Stepping outside, the sheltered garden is a great oasis of calm for breakfast in the fresh air or a cuppa with a book. There is heaps of parking and the vast paddock is a real bonus for games, football, running or whatever takes your fancy.
Both the local shop and pub are less than two miles away. You can even get traditional fish and chips in the village of Llanerchymedd. Not far is Llyn Alaw, ideal for a picnic, fishing, walking, birdwatching and wildlife. It is also a hub for the main country lane cycle trails on Anglesey.
Amlwch has the copper mine – a huge crater excavated by gunpowder with trails and now it is a unique moonscape of mesmerising colours, left to the choughs and other wildlife. A photographer’s dream. Beaches are within 10 miles – Church Bay is peaceful, Cemaes Bay a harbour village has a sandy beach and pubs and cafes and Moelfre, Benllech and Lligwy are firm favourites all with an obligatory ice-cream (or two) within reach. Of course, the usual attractions re close and the 125-mile coastal path beckons. Perfect for space, peace and quiet with fun on the doorstep.
Tyn Y Coed is a glorious farmhouse hideaway for six, surrounded by space and nature
- Large living room with smart TV and wood stove effect electric fire
- Porch area off the living room
- Kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, fridge/freezer, electric oven and hob, washing machine and door to the outside
- Dining area with patio door to side garden
- Shower room with WC and hand basin
- Three bedrooms – 2 x double and 1 x twin
- Bathroom with bath, separate walk-in shower, WC and hand basin
- Ample off-road parking for three cars
- Access to the large paddock area in front of the house
- The main gate can be closed to keep little ones safe
- Side garden with picnic bench and parasol plus two extra chairs
- Bedding/ towels provided. Please bring your own beach towels
- High chair and travel cot available
- Central heating and plenty of hot water
- Sorry, no dogs
- Pub 1.5 miles. Shop 1.7 miles
Tyn Y Coed is set in close proximity to the owner’s working farm so access to an adjacent field and barn, which are in front of the house, is required periodically.