We’re always looking for ways to help you get the most from Boltholes & Hideaways. Getting to know how, where and what you book helps us put together special offers that we think you’ll like. We will email Newsletters with offers we think may interest you. We also will send out Facebook offers.
1. What information will we use?
By participating in the Boltholes & Hideaways programme in the United Kingdom (“Newsletter”), we will collect and use information about you within your booking account (“your information”). This information includes your registration details, information about the use of your Programme account, historical bookings and other information that you give us or that we collect.
2. How will your information be used?
We do not use any other organisations or service providers and thus will not pass on your information. We may use your information to:
- operate the Programme. So, for example, to enable you to collect and redeem vouchers, provide other holiday related services and ensure that the applicable terms and conditions are observed;
- analyse how you use the Programme and our marketing channels such as our website;
- assess the effectiveness of our marketing activities:
- understand your behaviour based on the information available to us and to send or show you information, offers, surveys and online advertisements for the products or services which we believe are most likely to interest you.
One of the benefits of being part of the Programme is that we can show or send you offers or adverts that are relevant to you. We decide what offers and adverts to show or send you using an automated decision-making process which takes into account the information you have provided to us as part of your participation in the Programme, including, previous bookings you have made when using your Programme account.
If you do not want to receive advertisements that we believe are more relevant to you, please let us know.
3. When we can use your information
We collect and use your information in the following situations:
- where our use of your information is necessary for us to perform the contract or contracts that we have with you. These contracts include the terms and conditions of the booking you may have with us and any other agreements which we enter into with you from time to time;
- where our use of your information is for the purposes of our legitimate and we have made sure that your information, and your rights in relation to that information, are protected. For example, we may rely on this legal basis if we use your information to understand and improve our products or services, to help find out what information, products and services are most likely to interest you, to send or show you information, offers, and online advertisements for these products or services, or to ensure that the Programme and its related services are delivered and used in accordance with the law and the terms and conditions that apply to them:
- where we believe it is necessary to use your information to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject; and where we have your consent. We will rely on your consent to use your information for marketing to you by email with your data choices.
Where we rely on consent to use your information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
4. The period for which we will keep your information
We will keep your information for as long as is necessary for us to fulfil the purposes that we describe in this policy. As a general rule, however, we will keep:
- the information you provide when you register with the Programme, together with any updates you make to that information, indefinitely:
- the information that we collect about you and your use of the Programme (including, for example, where you stay, any dogs etc) for the duration of the time we hold the Booking System or, in some cases less time, based on the reason for holding such information and whether such information remains current.
5. Who will we share your information with?
- our professional advisors;
- any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party; and
any third party that purchases, or to which we transfer, all or substantially all of our assets and business. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to ensure that the entity to which we transfer your information uses it in a manner that is consistent with this policy.
We promise we’ll never share your details with anyone else
7. Your choices and rights
You have a number of rights in relation to your information and can make a number of choices about how we collect and use it. For example, you can decide not to receive marketing material from us, tell us how you want to receive marketing communications from us, and object to some of the ways in which we use your information.
Note that some of the choices or changes you make may impact our ability to maintain your information or provide you with any offers and your previous booking history may need to be closed. We will notify you if such action is necessary.
You can contact us using the details below to:
- request access to your information:
- ask that we update, complete or correct your information:
- ask that we erase or restrict our use of your information;
- request that we provide your information to you in a commonly used electronic format and to have that information transmitted directly to another organisation (this is known as the right to ‘data portability’); and/or
- object to our, or companies participating in the Programme and to using your information in certain circumstances – for example, to send out Newsletters.
If you are concerned about how your information is used, please contact us at Boltholes & Hideaways, c/o Hargreaves and Woods, Cholmondeley House, Dee Hills Park, Chester, CH3 5AR. Alternatively, you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
8. Who we are
We are Boltholes & Hideaways Ltd, a company registered in England under number8765135. Our registered office is at c/o Hargreaves and Woods, Cholmondeley House, Dee Hills Park, Chester, CH3 5AR. We are the Data Controller and you may call on 07918 901843 also in order to raise any questions or concerns.
We protect your information as our business and reputation depends on it.