Plas Y Coed
Dog friendly luxury apartment in a Grade II listed manor house
Plas Y Coed is more than just a place in the woods. Steeped in history, this Grade II listed building was once part of the Penrhyn Estate. Dip your toes into the past and absorb the wonderful feeling of utter luxury. A magnificent staircase guides you to this first-floor apartment where an eye for detail is very much in evidence. Guests are made to feel so welcome. With easier check-in times and the later check out time of 11 am, relaxation is a priority here.
A large, light and airy open plan sitting room and kitchen allow all who stay to relax and enjoy the space. A soft sofa welcomes those who have climbed the nearby mountains of Snowdonia, marvelling at the landscape before them. Carry the mountain views to carry on with a glass of celebratory fizz in hand. Cooks will enjoy this fully equipped kitchen where even the coffee machine is a designer’s dream. Dishes wash themselves here as a dishwasher has been installed ready to ease your stay if eating in at Plas Y Coed is what you wish to do. For those explorers who search out restaurants, then down the road sit Voltaire and The Slate, with incredible menus that cater for all.
With so many places to explore – mountains, sea or lakes, a powerful shower allows adventurers to face the day after a peaceful night’s sleep. Guests need not worry about bringing soaps and shampoos as ready supplies await you. Fancy a soak after a mountain or seaside day? Lie back in the bath and ease those muscles ready to plan the next day, if your eyes will stay open for long enough. The peace is almost audible with just the sound of birds to keep you company.
Comfort is paramount at Plas Y Coed with a king-sized bed awaiting duvet worshipers, or those just wishing to rest awhile. Watch the light play across the sky as the stars take over from the sun. Clear uninterrupted views across the countryside allow the outside in and this room to be as bright as can be.
The morning will come quickly as sleep is easy with fresh air aplenty and adventures galore on your doorstep. Strikeout to Snowdonia and tick another peak off your list. And with a frequent local bus service, there is no reason to take the car and have to worry about parking. Zip along Europe’s longest zip wire or immerse yourselves in the past at Penrhyn Castle all so very nearby. Explorers can go further afield, choosing which bridge to cross and strike out to Anglesey, grabbing beach towels and flip flops along the way. Historic castles, ancient sites, coastal paths and mountain peaks – Plas Y Coed couldn’t be a better base to explore the wonders of North Wales.
- Sleeps up to 3 guests
- Dog friendly – 1 small/medium sized dog
- Please note the grounds are shared
- First floor apartment with shared entrance hall
- Changeover day is flexible but not on Sundays (4pm check in/11am check out)
- Short breaks throughout the year
- Open plan living area
- Sitting room with sofa, Smart TV and DAB radio
- Master bedroom with King sized bed, wardrobe space, chest of drawers and chair
- Bed has manmade pillows but feather duvet (encased in special cover that should stop allergies but please ask if in doubt)
- Extra blow up guest bed (single, sleeps 1) can be arranged in the sitting room upon request (please note there is an extra £20 charge)
- Bathroom with bath and shower over, lavatory and basin
- Kitchen with electric hob and oven, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, microwave, washing machine, kettle and toaster
- Dolce Gusto coffee maker with complimentary pods for first breakfast
- Dining table with seating for 3
- Within easy walking distance of Porth Penrhyn
- WiFi throughout
- Electric heating and hot water
- Electricity included
- Parking for two cars within a gated car parking area
- No smoking
- Dog charge £20 extra
Please note: a 30% deposit (excluding last minute bookings) and a booking fee is required at the time of booking.
“Thank you for a lovely Easter break. The chocolate bunnies were a lovely gift. We have had a fantastic time. The apartment is lovely and the thought you have put in has made all the difference.”
“This place is an amazing location right by the water and close to Snowdon. We were looking for somewhere to call home for a couple of nights when in realiaty all of the facilities and amenities the host provided made for a real treat. The hosts were unbelievable, we were so late to check in but nothing was a problem. They left us some lovely breakfast and dotted around the whole place were little signs of attentive care. We were blown away. Would happily recommend to friends and family.” First guests: April 2019