The perfect family gathering place, close to shops, pubs and the beaches
You’ll feel tucked away and peaceful here on Anglesey’s north-westerly coast, down a country lane and on the edge of a quiet cul-de-sac. Smell the sea air as you drive up to ample parking – a field on one side, a few more houses the other, and then the beach. Erw Fach is a real home from home for big groups of family or close friends.
You will find an inviting scattering of old and the best of new at Erw Fach, with touchable brick walls, some wooden floors and robust beams. The piano lives ready under the stairs for a family sing song. Stoke the fire, lounge on the stylish leather of the sitting room. There is plenty of space for everybody to sit, even the dog, without feeling cramped. All generations can stay put happily – bet the younger folk like the upstairs space with TV and games!
A few may gather in the kitchen – the little preparation table is just right for cracking open a bottle of wine and chatting whilst supper is bubbling. Just in case you cannot be bothered to be chef, home-made pies can be picked up from the local award-winning butcher and deli in the village of Valley. The dining area is perfectly placed for convivial suppers. Or spill out into the colourful garden on sunny evenings and get the barbecue going – you’re not overlooked at all. Sun dapples onto the sun house hidden in the corner and the pond provides a tranquil feel for a lazy beer after food.
The downstairs bedrooms at Erw Fach are perfect with a family bedroom with a super king zip and link bed, a single too and bathroom next door. Then a super king indulgently topped with a great throw, which can form twin beds as required. Upstairs to two more restful bedrooms the master king room with a distant view of the sea and a handy shower room to roll into. The other king bedroom also has an en-suite and don’t worry, fluffy towels are supplied. And there’s bags of hot water in the efficient bathrooms.
Plenty to see and do
Walk into the Valley village to gather up buckets and spades from the shops and then head for a family day on the beach. If the shingle Gorad beach is not your thing, then pop to Penrhos Nature Reserve which offers a woodland heaven of a walk with a quiet beach. Trearddur Bay is a 10 minute drive with The Sea Shanty perched close by the shore for a cooling, indulgent ice cream. Or head to Rhoscolyn for a lunch at The White Eagle pub and then a lie down on the sandy Borthwen shore.
Valley village hosts Catch 22 a fine spot for a meal, various takeaways and the best butcher shop and deli. A few small shops for a browse (make sure you visit Stermat hardware – it is fascinating. There’s a fabulous beauty salon for some pampering. Valley is only a hop from the A55 to whisk you away to explore other areas of Anglesey. Holyhead itself is a 5 minute drive. Here you will find larger supermarkets, an interesting maritime museum, Holyhead Breakwater Park and of course South Stack.
If you fancy a round of golf, there’s a course at Trearddur Bay a five-minute drive. Rhosneigr is a 15 minute drive for a myriad of shops and bars and is a water sport haven for surfing.
Bring or hire bikes for quiet lanes and stunning views; plenty of trails to head down. Walk the coastal path from Gorad beach with no people or traffic to puncture the stillness. Watch birds and nature in abundance. Walks start at the door of this peaceful holiday house and you can be sure you will not be short of things to do here!
- 200 yards from the Gorad shore and coastal path
- Sleeps 8-9. Please note formal seating accommodates 8 comfortably
- Changeover day is a Friday
- Short breaks available part of the year starting Fridays or Mondays
- Bedding and towels included
- Kitchen with garden views with dishwasher, microwave, separate integrated fridge and freezer, oven and hob. Small table to seat 4 and a breakfast bar to seat 2.
- Utility room off kitchen with washing machine and clothes airer
- Living room with wood stove/seating for 8, TV and a dining table to seat 8
- Twin room with 2 single zip and link beds that can form a super king
- Family room with 2 single zip and link beds that can form a super king and a separate single bed.
- Bathroom with bath/shower over
- Cloaks area
- Master bedroom with king size bed and en-suite shower room/WC
- Bedroom with king bed and en-suite shower room
- Large landing area with TV and two chairs
- Enclosed rear garden with benches and a summer house near a pond (please note pond area not enclosed)
- BBQ (charcoal please bring your own)
- Private off-road parking for four cars and further garden area
- Pubs, takeaways and restaurants are less than a mile away in Valley village
- Local shops less than a mile away in Valley village
- Large supermarkets in Holyhead 2 miles – Tesco and Morrisons
- Travel cot and highchair available on request
You should note:
- There is a pond that leads from the lawn area and not fully enclosed so please ensure that children are supervised at all times.
- The house is in a residential area
New property comments to follow.