The Crow’s Nest
Luxury bolthole for two just a stroll from sandy Borthwen Beach with views across the bay
Crows Nest offers an escape by the sea with not a modern house or a roaring road in sight! Just a clutch of pretty whitewashed cottages, fields of sheep and of course the sea! This is a bubble of peace for two, situated within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and just a hop and a skip from Borthwen Beach, with sandy expanses and rock pools at low tide – you can smell the salt in the air as you cook.
Browse the wildlife books back at base and then, when the tide ebbs, poke around the rock pools or simply sit on the terrace at Crows Nest and watch the curlews fly. In the evenings open the terrace doors, curl up with a book and gaze out to the starry skies above.
Just for two
This roost for two has been carefully converted and, from the first floor, has the perfect look-out point to drink in the view across the bay (home to the famous Skerries lighthouse). Within the traditional exterior is a high specification modern and comfortable interior. A sleek kitchen is perfectly placed in the living area so that you can cook and overlook the views. The usual conveniences are provided to make your stay a comfortable one such as a dishwasher, microwave, HD flat screen TV with Freesat and a DVD player.
On the ground floor is an inviting bedroom with a twinkling chandelier over a king bed, dressed with downy pillows and cotton sheets. Settle in comfort and lap up the view. You could have breakfast in bed here at Crows Nest as you gaze across the bay.
An en-suite bathroom leads off the bedroom with slate floors, roll-top bath and large shower. Return from windswept walks to a drenching hot shower – or a long soak in a candlelit bath. On a practical note, a small utility provides a second WC, a washing machine and coat storage.
The terrace, with table and chairs, allows you to perch and watch the world go by. Or stroll down to the beach for the sea air or roam the endless lanes with hedgerows that smell heavenly. Crows Nest has parking in a car park about 40 metres away.
The surrounding area is a haven for nature lovers providing fantastic walks, course and sea fishing, riding and sailing opportunities. Anglesey’s Coastal Footpath passes only paces away and leads on to other secluded coves and beaches such as Church Bay a mile and a half away, which is famous for The Lobster Pot restaurant. Or, just pop in for a cream scone at the Wavecrest cafe. One of those scones equals a thousand walks to wear it off, so keep meandering along the cliffs to drink in the views.
The local village is a mile away with a shop for groceries and a great new pub with wood burning stove and local food. Only 10 miles away is the port town of Holyhead, not just offering the convenience of supermarkets but also links to Ireland. The A55 expressway is 10 minutes away, giving easy access to explore the beauty of the Isle of Anglesey and the majestic Snowdonia mountain range are only a thirty-minute drive away.
Finally, as Borthwen Barns are close to the privately owned Carreglwyd Country Estate, the huge fishing lake and beautiful woodland walks can be made available to all guests on request. There will be a small cost for use of the fishing of the lake.
• Panoramic views over the bay
• Sleeps 2
• Accommodation can cater for 2 guests (baby or small child considered)
• 1 master bedroom with king bed and en-suite bathroom with bath, separate shower and heated towel rail
• Utility room with washing machine and WC with sink and room to dry and air clothes
• Stairs to first floor
• Open plan living area with sofa seating for 4 and chair
• Wide Screen high Density TV/DVD and Freesat
• Kitchen with large breakfast bar and two stools, dishwasher, microwave, fridge/small freezer
• Electricity and all bills included
• Parking available in the Borthwen Barns car park 40 meters away on site. Parking close to the barn may be granted in quieter times on request please
• Balcony area with table and two chairs
• No smoking
• Wifi available
• Mobile reception poor to average
• Restaurant and two pubs within two miles
• Local shop within a mile
• Public transport available within a mile
• Please note: a 30% deposit (excluding last minute bookings) and a booking fee is required at the time of booking.
Love, love, love. See you again soon xxx
THE CROW’S NEST, 10 BORTHWEN BARNS, LLANFAETHLU, ANGLESEY, LL65 4PA.
Similar cottages on Anglesey you may like
TROS YR AFON
THE LONG COTTAGE