The perfect seaside hideaway with views of Beaumaris Castle fit for a king
Castle View is a place of huge comfort and charm, hugged by views of Beaumaris castle and glimpses of sea and mountains too. Slap bang in the middle of Beaumaris with a super inn opposite, this immaculate bolthole with an unassuming cream frontage and sash windows is magically more than it seems. For one, it is strolling distance from Beaumaris’s glorious seafront, but the icing on the cake has to be the closeup view of Beaumaris Castle from the king-sized bed – imagine waking to that view and sitting there with your morning cup of coffee!
Step inside and up a steep narrow stair, this place is cosy and compact, yet somehow manages to feel airy, roomy and light. As one guest remarked – “it is hardly little!” With high ceilings and plenty of light pouring in we have to agree it is the perfect bolthole for two. Stretch to one more on sofa bed upon request – a flexible bolthole for two becomes three.
You can be nicely private here on the first floor, just sit and watch the world go by in the bright sitting room from the comfy sofa. Talk about a room with a view!
Come evening time a new electric log burner provides a warming glow. Switch off the lights and enjoy the castle lit up for all to enjoy.
There’s a smartly-equipped, gleaming kitchen for those who wish to dine in. A table sits proudly in the centre of the kitchen begging for long dinners together. The bedroom is dressed with fresh crisp bedding and a large window to frame that view. The shower room is off the bedroom and is small and sweet.
Everyone loves Beaumaris. Down each street, there’s a tiny gallery, quirky independent shops, a delicious restaurant or an old pub to try the local ales in. And with history enveloping you everywhere you walk, you cannot help but fall in love with this wonderful Georgian seaside town. Stroll along the seashore first thing in the morning and you will have only the sound of the sea for company. With views across the Straits to the mountains of Snowdonia, then along to Puffin Island, your head will clear immediately. They say the sea has restorative powers – we have to agree! Whether you choose to walk beside it, swim in it or perch on a bench just watching it you will come away from this break knowing you are rested.
Penmon is a hop away to the North East and Menai Bridge, with more great eating places and walks, to the North West. All can be reached within minutes by car or at a more leisurely pace along the Anglesey Coastal Path. Boat rides, castle tours, walking, cycling, swimming, sailing, paddle boarding the list just goes on. The only decision is deciding what to do that day!
Or simply stay put and hunker down if you prefer peace and quiet. With views aplenty and a comfy sofa to relax into why not just grab some much-needed solitude, safe in the knowledge that the beauty of Anglesey will be there waiting for you in an hour or two.
- Sleeps 2
- Private off road parking for a small car (VW Golf or smaller) is in a courtyard next to Castle View. We recommend you reverse in and take care when doing so.
- If you are not happy to reverse in/ or have a larger car. It is very easy to park on The Green just on the seafront. There is a daily charge.
- There is a sofa bed but situated in the sitting room and upon request only
- Changeover day is a Friday
- Short breaks available most of the year Friday to Monday or Monday to Friday
- Dogs invited (extra £20/dog) 1 large, 2 small
- Kitchen with dining table
- Sitting room with electric log burner, Smart TV and blu ray dvd player, two sofas and two armchairs
- Master bedroom with King sized bed
- Shower room is en suite
- Kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, washing machine, oven and hob
- Coffee maker for filter coffee and Cafetière
- Fridge/ freezer
- Travel cot
- Iron and ironing board
- Wind break
- Picnic “hamper”
- Entrance hall for walking apparel/bikes if tyres covered/carpet protected
- Views of Beaumaris Castle and glimpses of the sea and mountains
- No smoking
- Please note: a 30% deposit (excluding last minute bookings) and a booking fee is required at the time of booking.
What a lovely place to stay and right in the centre too – thank you.
Perfectly situated flat, comfortable and clean. We’ve had a lovely holiday and wouldn’t hesitate to book again.
Under new ownership (previously known as Little Hideaway) – opened 14th June 2019
Castle View, 2 Tyn Y Gongl, Beaumaris, LL58 8DA
Similar cottages on Anglesey you may like