Coastal paths radiate from this peaceful hideaway just a strolling distance from a sandy beach with rock pools. One of the emptiest beaches on Anglesey awaits your discovery.
Coastal paths radiate from Bwthyn Angor, a peaceful hideaway just strolling distance from a sandy beach with rock pools and views of the lighthouse. One of the emptiest beaches on Anglesey awaits your discovery.
Step straight into a light-filled and open-plan sitting room, with a high vaulted ceiling and bright down lights. This room is huge with patio doors overlooking the bay. A squashy leather corner sofa and feather filled cushions allow a perfect relaxation spot. Throw some wood in the wood burning stove, get cosy and allow the views to distract you. Dogs are welcome at Bwthyn Angor and love the hot water bottle floor and warm fire.
The kitchen on the side of this large room is a gem, with its vast oak breakfast bar with four stools. It is the perfect vantage point to keep an eye on the chef or watch the boats sail past. Every window frames a picture here.
For balmy days sit on your own stone terrace with the seating area nicely positioned to gaze at the sea. Dine out with only the local sheep to puncture the silence, or sunbathe on the lawn. As the evening draws in, on a clear night watch the night skies for the twinkling stars.
The master bedroom is small but perfect for the sea views from your double bed. Roll out of bed for a bath in the travertine stone clad en-suite. That too has a view over the bay with the blinds up. Next door is a large twin room with a vaulted ceiling and an en-suite shower room.
Sand and surf on your doorstep, a good dining pub just two miles along the road, and masses to explore with the winding coastal footpath. The paths along this Area of Outstanding Beauty lead you to another cove at Church Bay. Here you will find the infamous Lobster Pot restaurant and a little cafe. In the opposite direction you can walk two miles to the village of Llanfaethlu which has a little shop and along about another mile is The Black Lion pub which is excellent and even welcomes dogs!
Only ten miles away is the port town of Holyhead, not just offering the convenience of supermarkets but also links to Ireland. The A55 expressway is 10 minutes away, giving easy access to explore the beauty of the Isle of Anglesey and with the majestic Snowdonia mountain range is only a thirty minute drive away.
Finally as Borthwen Barns are close to the privately owned Carreglwyd Country Estate, the huge fishing lake and beautiful woodland walks can be made available to all guests on request. There will be a small cost for use of the fishing of the lake.
- Right by the beach with views over the bay to the lighthouse
- Sleeps 4 with two bedrooms and two bathrooms
- Accommodation can cater for 4 guests
- 1 master bedroom with double bed and en-suite bathroom with shower over bath and heated towel rail
- 1 twin room with two singles (can be configured as a super king bed)Shower room with heated towel rail.
- Open plan living area with sofa seating for 5
- Wood burning stove
- Wide Screen high Density TV/DVD and Freesat
- Kitchen with large breakfast bar and four stools, dishwasher, microwave, fridge/small freezer, washing machine/dryer (in one).
- Heating via under floor heating
- High chair and travel cot available
- Electricity and all bills included
- Parking for two cars outside barn and an overspill car park about 10m away for any additional
- BBQ, patio area with bench
- Lawn area not enclosed
- No smoking
- Dogs welcome – up to two dependent upon sizes (at an extra cost of £20 per dog)
- Wifi available on site but very poor inside barn
- Mobile reception poor to average
- Restaurant and two pubs within two miles
- Local shop within a mile
- Public transport available within a mile
- Please note: a 30% deposit (excluding last minute bookings) and a booking fee is required at the time of booking.
” Our third stay and wonderful as always. 10/10 for its luxury and views. Had a great and restful week. Will be back again! “
” Well, what can we say. Lost for words. What a fantastic cottage a home from home. You do yourselves proud. We couldn’t ask for more. If you entered Four in a Bed you would get 10s all the way and win. We will be back.”
BWTHYN ANGOR, 5 BORTHWEN BARNS, LLANFAETHLU, ANGLESEY, LL65 4PA.
Similar properties on Anglesey you may like