A Bolthole for eight, perfect for big family get-togethers and celebrations with friends
You’re in a rural idyll but just minutes from the coast. Bettws Farmhouse is perfect for big family get-togethers and celebrations with friends.
At the most northern point of Wales, follow the tang of salt in the air and head down a track to find a historic farmyard to the right and Bettws Farmhouse to the left, surrounded by fields and garden.
The wood burner makes it cosy to hunker down on the sofa with a good book. Cook in a sunny kitchen that catches the morning sun. And there’s plenty of room for eight at the oak dining table for the croissants from the village bakery.
Sleeping should come easy after long sunshine days on the beach or walking – a ground floor double bedroom should help the forty winks. Blast away sand in the perfect ensuite shower room and head to the patio area for morning coffee. Or upstairs is a large king bedroom, a compact twin and a day room with day bed and pull-out trundle. The main bathroom is fresh and gleaming with a roll-top bath, gorgeous views.
Outside, watch the sunset with an evening drink. There’s plenty of outside enclosed space at Bettws Farmhouse for dogs, children, bikes, surfboards and wet suits. And it’s not far to go to use them – Cemaes Bay is a sweet coastal harbour village with a vast sandy beach, shops, pubs and restaurants. The Gadlys Hotel is a hop away with wonderful meals. Or, award-winning fish and chips are a must for any seaside holiday and with the harbour view at Cemaes, this is the best. Just lookout for the seagulls!
Head over to Cemlyn – a beautiful coastline of rocks, small bays and headlands to delight walkers all within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Here, on a coastal lagoon, are birds and big skies.
Surrounded by seascape, across the road on the coastal path Dinas Gynfor hillfort proudly sits with the remains of a promontory fort which probably dates to the Iron Age period. On top of the fort is a tower commemorating the coronation of King Edward VII. The coastal path meanders to Porth Llanliana and rewards you with some historical monuments connected with the china clay industry. Onwards to Porth Wen brickworks, hold onto your hat for this walk is steep!
Breathtaking views and endless skies along this coast whisk away stress. See if you can spot the wide variety of unusual birds that visit the area and of course boats and seals. Llanbadrig is the oldest Christian church in Wales, founded in 440 AD by St Patrick, in gratitude for his escape from a shipwreck. The most peaceful place on earth according to the Dalai Lama. Say no more…
Curious colours can be found at the Copper Mines. From here you can walk down the road at Amlwch or head along the coastal road to Benllech and Red Wharf Bay. Beaumaris is a thirty-minute drive with boutique shops and pubs and of course that pier!
- Sleeps up to 8 guests
- Changeover day is Friday (4 pm check-in/10 am check out)
- Short breaks available excluding peak weeks
- Accommodation is over two floors
- Close to the coastal harbour village of Cemaes Bay with a sandy beach/shops and pubs – 2 miles (6 mins)
- Up to 2 dogs at £20 each
- Kitchen/living and bedrooms/bathroom on the first floor
- 1 x Double bed
- 1x king bed
- 2 x single beds
- 1x day bed with pull out trundle under
- Family bathroom bath and with shower
- Ensuite bathroom with shower
- WC off the utility room
- Dishwasher, microwave, oven, gas hob, large fridge and freezer (three drawers)
- Washing machine and dryer, iron and ironing board
- TV and DVD player and wood burner
- Dining for 8
- Patio garden area with seating for 8 and plenty of room for surfboards
- BBQ – please bring your own charcoal
- Plenty of private safe parking
- Travel cot and high chair available please request upon booking
- Hanging room in utility
- Full Wi-Fi
- All utilities, linen and bath towels provided.
- Oil central heating and constant hot water. radiators in both bathrooms
- No storage but room to lock bikes outdoors and an outside hosepipe
- Bus stop – opposite across the road a 4-minute walk
- Please note a 30% deposit (excluding last minute bookings) and a booking fee is required at the time of booking. Balance payment due at least 30 days prior to the start of your holiday.
New property, comments to follow
Bettws Farmhouse, Cemaes Bay, Anglesey LL67 0NA
Similar cottages on Anglesey you may like
THE LAUNDRY LOFT