Comfortable farmhouse Bolthole for nine with sea views
New to Boltholes and Hideaways, Tyn Lon is a traditional and comfortable farmhouse for nine, close to Lligwy Beach and the coastal village of Moelfre. It commands gorgeous sea views out over Lligwy beach and beyond to Dulas Island and is set in the lush Anglesey countryside, next to a country lane.
Two lovely ground floor bedrooms (1 kingsize, 1 twin both with ensuite shower rooms) which make up their own little annexe. And a further three bedrooms (1 double, 1 twin and 1 single) can be found on the first floor, The upstairs family bathroom has a bath with shower over, WC and handbasin. There is also a camp bed available on request that fits into the single bedroom, providing a 10th sleeping space.
Downstairs, the light and roomy open plan kitchen/dining room leads out into an enclosed rear garden. The kitchen is well-equipped for cooking convivial meals after a day at the beach or exploring Anglesey and the dining area seats eight; this is a great place to relax in as well with a comfy sofa and wall-mounted TV. A separate utility room houses a washing machine, tumble drier, drinks fridge and coffee maker and is also a handy place to hang up any outdoor gear.
The sitting room is set up for comfort with a large L-shaped sofa ready to curl upon to read or watch TV. There’s a modern wood-burning stove in the fireplace ready to warm the room on chillier evenings.
Tyn Lon’s rear garden is enclosed which is useful as a safeguard for both children and dogs (one dog is welcome). The paved area at the front of the house is an ideal spot to enjoy the sea views over a morning coffee or evening drink or two. And you’ll love the peace and quiet.
Recently renovated, the end barn houses a table tennis table, there is storage for bikes and plenty of off-road parking for cars. There’s a charcoal BBQ and a fire pit – you will need to supply your own charcoal bricketts or logs.
Out and about
It’s just a 10-minute stroll down to Lligwy Beach and its’ popular beach cafe. Moelfre is about a mile and a half away, home to Ann’s Pantry, the Kinmel Arms and a well-stocked village shop. Slightly further afield are Benllech and Red Wharf Bay with a further choice of cafes and restaurants to choose from including the Ship Inn, The Old Boathouse and the Tavern on the Bay.
Across the field from Tyn Lon is Din Lligwy, site of a late Roman/early British settlement and Capel Lligwy, a beautiful medieval chapel; a few minutes down the road is LLigwy Burial Chamber, a huge cromlech dating from late Neolithic times. All wonderful to explore in the evening after a busy day on the beach.
Tyn Lon sleeps 9 guests in five bedrooms and is dog-friendly.
Any booking requests over 9 guests – please check with us first to ensure bed and party layouts can be accommodated.
- 1 king-size bedroom with ensuite shower room on the ground floor
- 1 twin bedroom with ensuite shower on the ground floor (accessed through the king-size bedroom)
- 1 double bedroom – upstairs
- 1 twin bedroom – upstairs
- 1 single bedroom (additional camp bed available on request) – upstairs
- All duvets are feather plus some pillows
- First-floor bathroom with shower over bath, WC and basin
- Downstairs bedrooms both en-suite shower rooms
- Kitchen with dining area equipped with electric oven and hob, dishwasher and fridge/freezer, slow cooker, hand mixer, food processor and cake making tins.
- Utility room equipped with washing machine, tumble drier, microwave, a second drinks fridge, espresso coffee machine and handing space for outdoor clothing
- The sitting room has a large L-shaped sofa, digital TV and DVD player, wood-burning stove.
Wooden cot available on request – this fits into the single bedroom; travel cot, high chair and stairgate provided
- Enclosed rear garden with garden furniture
- Paved terrace area to the front of the house with sea views, perfect for morning coffees or evening drinks
- Charcoal BBQ
- The end barn has been converted into a games room and is equipped with a table tennis table and has heating
- Bike storage
- Ample parking for cars
One dog welcome
Pub, shop and restaurants 1.2 miles away
Lligwy Beach Cafe 10 mins walk away (check opening times)