The Stable Loft
Down a long drive, into acres of private woods is a little oasis. The Stable Loft is a bolthole for two with woodland walks on the doorstep and the beach across the fields.
Set within the grounds of a private working country estate called Carreglwyd, The Stable Loft is completely self-contained. It sits on the first floor of a timeless Grade II listed building with an intimate feel. Once the stables for the large house, the stone exterior hides a modern and cosy bolthole for two.
Climb the steep stone steps and internally you will find a kitchen, bright and simple, with stainless and mirrored surfaces to reflect light. It is small but perfectly formed and has all that you will need.
A comfortable sitting room with beamed vaulted ceiling and wooden floors leads from the entrance. The airy room has a sofa and a super king bed with clusters of cushions to recline and read. The room is cosy with two electric radiators and has TV, Freesat and DVD to while the time away.
The Stables have an outdoor seating area and there are woodland and lakeside walks on the doorstep. The lake can be fished with prior consent via the owner.
Pull on your walking boots, pop through the Kissing Gate and just a 20 minutes walk over estate land you will find a hidden gem – Borthwen Bay. A beautiful sandy beach which is in the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and on the Anglesey Coastal Path. This is a perfect place to enjoy the plentiful and accessible coastline, with its accompanying walks and dramatic views. You can enjoy a walk on the coastal path to Church Bay about a mile away and stop for lunch at the Wavecrest café or the well-known Lobster Pot restaurant.
Down the road at Holyhead about nine miles away are museums, galleries, castles and a mountain to climb. Or you could take the ferry across to Dublin to sample the excellent seafood and have a great day out shopping. The Black Lion pub is just two miles away serving local produce, fine ales and has a wood burning stove. The Stable Loft is conveniently located to allow you to head off to explore the beauty of the Isle of Anglesey, with the majestic Snowdonia mountain range only a thirty-minute drive away.
Please note that the country Estate does offer grouse and pheasant shooting so, in the season. This may be noisy for one day each week between September and January. This is a working Estate and there will be other events taking place.
- Part of a working Estate with countryside walks and a private fishing lake (fishing available upon request)
- Sleeps 2
- Accommodation can cater for 2 guests
- Separate shower room with heated towel rail
- Open plan loft living with superking bed, sofa seating for 2 and small dining table
- Wide Screen high Density TV/DVD and Freesat
- Kitchen with microwave, fridge/small freezer
- Heating via electric radiators
- High chair and travel cot available
- Electricity and all bills included
- Parking for two cars outside
- Outdoor seating area and BBQ upon request
- Beautiful woodland walks around the Loft
- No smoking
- No mobility access as all on the first floor with steep steps up
- Wifi available on site on request
- Mobile reception good
- Restaurant and two pubs within two miles
- Local shop within a mile
- Public transport available within a mile
- Please note: a 30% deposit (excluding last minute bookings) and a booking fee is required at the time of booking.
No comments yet!
THE STABLE LOFT, CARREGLWYD, LLANFAETHLU, ANGLESEY, LL65 4NY.
Similar cottages on Anglesey you may like
THE OLD DAIRY
THE CROW'S NEST