A large Grade II listed celebration Manor house in Beaumaris, sleeps up to 16 with games room
Plas Cichle, known as “The Plas” is a stunning property minutes away from the Georgian seaside town of Beaumaris. Beaches galore are within easy reach too and cyclists will marvel at the routes they can access.
Drive up to this magnificent holiday house, set amongst acres of private land, and feel your eyes widen and your heartbeat quicken as you fall in love with all that is before you. The views are breathtakingly beautiful. Cast your eyes across miles of green countryside and begin planning your time together.
Plas Cichle is a Grade II listed Georgian Gentleman’s residence has been transformed over the years but parts of it date back to 1601. Grand, it may seem but it is very much family orientated. Relax and enjoy a house that has been at the heart of family celebrations and day to day living for generations.
Open the front door at The Plas and enjoy the fresh colours and space – there is just so much of it. Large reception rooms await family and friends. Sit and catch up with each other’s lives, embrace the younger generations whose days have been full of fresh air and laughter. Plan weddings, dinners out, picnics and outings to create those perfect memories for future years.
The warmth of the kitchen is at the heart of The Plas. An Aga stands proudly and awaits sumptuous dinners and bottoms to warm as cups of tea are made. Dogs curl up quietly and snooze amongst sea-soaked welly boots, where explorers have taken their furry friends with them and sticks were thrown across the waves.
Baby grand piano keys tinkle in the drawing room as everyone gathers together for drinks before dinner or to read the newspaper in the morning sun. This room is bright and inviting with large windows to admire the view from and a log burning stove to make it all the more perfect.
Set the dining table next door for a formal occasion or just a simple meal where the company is the most important ingredient. Window seats allow this table to expand when The Lodge for four is booked as well. 16 to dinner is easy to arrange and cooks can arrive to help if this is what would make your holiday just that little bit more relaxing.
Sit quietly in the snug away from the maddening crowd, local whiskey in hand catching up on the latest news. Soft sofas await those who enjoy the distractions of the television – others who prefer their own technology will enjoy the superfast broadband that the modern world has donated to this house brimming with so much history.
For those who need to work while others play, this room becomes an office cut off from everyone else and yet with stunning views to allow you moments of escape. Grab a midmorning coffee break and walk around the grounds – a work day with a different attitude.
Downstairs there is a large boot room ready for the busy world of family life and walks galore. Coats and boots are tucked away for the next day’s adventures or grabbed quickly when the dogs need their last evening walk through the incredible countryside just outside the back door.
Outside, you will discover two lavatories and an outside shower making sandy beach days just so much easier for all. A games room awaits friends and family, where friendly competitions become traditions. This really is a family house with ease and comfort in mind. Ignore the washing machine and dryer if you wish but knowing they are there is good enough for most in holiday mode.
Upstairs, sleepy heads can bathe the happiest of days away. Stretch out on sumptuous white bedding and watch the views disappear as night descends with large picture windows and sunsets awaiting. Bedrooms can be transformed into the perfect match for those who stay – super king beds become singles with an unfolding of crisp cotton sheets. Bedrooms with ensuite shower rooms, family rooms too, bathrooms for a long soak with bubbles aplenty. Full sized bunk beds for adults or children, whoever wins the toss of the coin, sit proudly with the best views from above.
The Plas is a welcoming house that knows it needs to be the most perfect fit for all who stay. She shows you her best from every angle and detailed restoration and modern touches sit comfortably together. Wander up the back stairs to enjoy looking at family photographs showing a history of smiles. This house has been a place of wonder and enjoyment for the most giving of families whose sole aim is to ensure you enjoy your time away from the everyday world we all whizz around in.
- Total of 16 guests can be accommodated:
- Main house sleeps 12 (can be reduced to a sleeps 8 in low season see below)
- The Lodge sleeps 4 – must be booked at the same time as the main house, subject to availability and at an extra cost of £100/night
- Dog Friendly – up to 3 dogs (£20/dog) but do enquire if you have smaller dogs
- Stunning countryside setting
- Large private garden with plenty of outdoor seating
- Games room
- Bike Storage in outdoor shed
- Outside shower and lavatories
- The Plas is next to a cycling route
- Private and secure parking outside house
- Superfast Fibre Broadband throughout
- Electricity and gas included
- Bedding and bath towels supplied
- Travel cot and highchair upon request
- Dining Room that can seat up to 16
- Large drawing room with log burning stove (logs supplied at no charge), sofas and a Baby Grand Piano.
- Snug (small sitting room) with sofas, electric coal effect fire and television
- Downstairs WC
- Kitchen with Aga, electric range cooker, dishwasher, fridge and microwave
- Kitchen seating for 8 – other seating areas throughout the house
- Pantry with extra fridge, freezer and plenty of storage for food items
- Boot Room with washing machine and dryer – great for wet dogs!
- Two further lavatories situated outside along with outdoor shower
- A games room with pool table
The bed configuration is very flexible – all Super King beds split into singles please just let us know what suits. Please do this in plenty of time to allow the housekeeping staff to prepare the bedding.
- Family bedroom with ensuite shower room, wc and basin. This bedroom has a double bed and two single beds ie this bedroom sleeps up to four (this can be closed off during off peak season so the house sleeps 8)
- Superking bedroom with ensuite shower room, wc and basin (can become a twin bedroom ie with 2 single beds)
- Superking bedroom (that can become a twin bedroom ie with 2 single beds)
- Twin bedroom (two single beds)
- Bunk bedroom with full sized single bunk beds suitable for adults
- Family bathroom – bath with shower over, wc and basin
- Family shower room with wc and basin
Please note: a 30% deposit (excluding last minute bookings) and a booking fee is required at the time of booking.
“Thanks for letting us stay with my family in your home. Everything has been amazing. Most of us used the piano, the grounds were very accommodating. We would love to return.”
“Thank you for sharing your beautiful home with us. What a fantastic location, gardens and of course piano. We hope to be back soon. Thank you!”
“Everything we could have hoped for! Wonderful house, perfect for our family celebrations. Looking forward to coming back in February for the next one. Diolch. Thank you!”
“A beautiful house! Thank you for making us feel so welcome and telling us about the places to visit. The house is beautifully decorated and we have enjoyed our stay. Lovely week with the family.”
“Incredible birthday weekend spent here, thanks for being super amazing from start to finish. Such a gorgeous house and we will be coming back!”
“Beautiful house, fantastic surroundings. We’ve had a lovely time celebrating and spending quality time here as a family. Plenty of room, well equipped. Loved cooking on teh Aga. Many thanks.”
“Wonderful birthday weekend in this house, thanks for having us.”
“Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful house with us – we’ve had a fabulous week. Day at Newborough Beach, crabbing, rib ride, walks in the lanes and a lovely lunch at the Boathouse – a great base for lots of Anglesey exploring.”
“An incredible house – so much space! 3 generations holidayed together. The children loved the large garden and we all enjoyed watching them laugh and enjoy themselves without a phone in hand! Great family dinners and with two sitting rooms there was plenty of space for children and adults to relax in. We can’t wait to come again next year. Many thanks.”
First Booking -(3 – 6 May 2019):
“What a lovely house in a beautiful setting. Thanks for having us! Exquisite decor too. We had the best time. So spacious and great fun playing football/rugby at the front.”