Plas Y Coed
Dog friendly luxury apartment in a Grade II listed manor house
Plas Y Coed is more than just a place in the woods – steeped in history this Grade II listed building was once part of the Penrhyn Estate. Dip your toes into the past and absorb the wonderful feeling of utter luxury. A magnificent staircase guides you to this first floor apartment where an eye for detail is very much in evidence. Guests are made to feel so welcome with easier check in times and the later check out time of 11am, relaxation is a priority here.
A large, light and airy open plan sitting room and kitchen allows all who stay to relax and enjoy the space. A soft sofa welcomes those who have climbed the nearby mountains of Snowdonia marvelling at the landscape before them, allowing the mountain views to carry on with a glass of celebratory fizz in hand. Cooks will enjoy this fully equipped kitchen where even the coffee machine is a designer’s dream. Dishes wash themselves here as even a dishwasher has been installed ready to ease your stay if eating in is what you wish. For those explorers who search out restaurants then down the road sits Voltaire and The Slate Restaurant – incredible menus that cater for all.
With so many places to explore – mountains, sea or lakes a powerful shower allows adventurers to face the day after a peaceful night’s sleep. Guests need not worry about bringing soaps and shampoos as ready supplies of Nature Knows Best await you. Fancy a soak after a mountain or seaside day? Lie back in the bath and ease those muscles ready to plan the next day if your eyes will stay open for long enough. The peace is almost audible with just the sound of birds to keep you company.
Comfort is paramount with a king sized bed awaiting duvet worshipers, or those just wishing to rest awhile and watch the light play across the sky as the stars take over from the sun. Clear uninterrupted views across the countryside allow the outside in and this room to be as bright as can be.
Morning will come quickly as sleep is easy with fresh air aplenty and adventures galore on your doorstep. Strike out to Snowdonia and tick another peak off your list – and with a frequent local bus service no reason to take the car and have to worry about parking – zip along the longest zip wire or immerse yourselves in the past at Penrhyn Castle all so very nearby. Explorers can go further afield, choose which bridge to cross and strike out to Anglesey grabbing beach towels and flip flops along the way. Historic castles, ancient sites, coastal paths and mountain peaks – Plas Y Coed couldn’t be a better base to explore the wonders of North Wales.
- Sleeps up to 3 guests
- Dog friendly – 1 small/medium sized dog
- Please note the grounds are shared
- First floor apartment with shared entrance hall
- Changeover day is flexible but not on Sundays (4pm check in/10am check out)
- Short breaks throughout the year
- Open plan living area
- Sitting room with sofa, Smart TV and DAB radio
- Kitchen with electric hob and oven, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, microwave, washing machine, kettle and toaster
- Dolce Gusto coffee maker with complimentary pods for first breakfast
- Dining table with seating for 3
- Within easy walking distance of Porth Penrhyn
- WiFi throughout
- Shared grounds outside
- Master bedroom with King sized bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers and chair
- Bathroom with lavatory, basin, bath and shower over
- Faith In Nature shampoo, conditioner and shower gel
- Electric heating and hot water
- Travel cot (no bedding supplied) and high chair available upon request when booking
- Electricity included
- Third guest may sleep on a pull out bed in the sitting room – please enquire upon booking (prior notice only)
- Parking for two cars within a gated car parking area
- No smoking
- Dog charge £20 extra
- Please note: a 30% deposit (excluding last minute bookings) and a £20 booking fee is required at the time of booking
“Thank you for a lovely Easter break. The chocolate bunnies were a lovely gift. We have had a fantastic time. The apartment is lovely and the thought you have put in has made all the difference.” Easter 2019
“This place is an amazing location right by the water and close to Snowdon. We were looking for somewhere to call home for a couple of nights when in realiaty all of the facilities and amenities the host provided made for a real treat. The hosts were unbelievable, we were so late to check in but nothing was a problem. They left us some lovely breakfast and dotted around the whole place were little signs of attentive care. We were blown away. Would happily recommend to friends and family.” First guests: April 2019