Penrhyn Halen is a very large, traditional family house with plenty of space for all to enjoy.
Located in a beautiful, quiet and rural location between the villages of Aberffraw and Hermon, Penrhyn Halen is a fantastic farmhouse that comfortably sleeps 14. With two sitting rooms, a large farmhouse kitchen and a games room, you can stretch out with space to spare.
Open the front door, hang your coats up and get ready to gasp. Penrhyn Halen is enormous. The games room greets all who arrive – a full sized pool table and games galore to choose from. There is a large cloakroom with downstairs WC to make life that much easier. Through the games room is a utility room with washing machine and dryer.
Walk past the first sitting room with a television, DVD and games to lose yourself in. With plenty of sofa space, this is a room for children to flop in. Next door is a more formal sitting room with an open log fire, oodles of sofa space and large picture windows. There are a TV and a DVD player should you wish to have a quieter night in!
Across the hall is an enormous kitchen with a farmhouse table that is so long you can all sit together! There is a smaller table should you wish the children to sit separately, lest you bore them with your adult chat! This table is ideal for laying out the spread to end all spreads – gallons of party food can rest here ready to impress the best!
Open the enormous American fridge and pack it full of delicious goodies ready to spoil one another at meal times – room for a bottle of fizz or three! Whether you are celebrating or just enjoying spending time together at Penrhyn Halen, you deserve a treat or two. There’s a full sized upright freezer so you can prepare many of the meals beforehand to ensure everyone has time off when they get here. Turn on the stereo and turn up the music, then open the French Windows to the garden – this room helps take the party outside on fine days.
There is a porch area by the more formal sitting room – this can be accessed from outside and houses a large BBQ. Time off from cooking and an art form all of its own – the family BBQ…where family legends are formed!
Head up the formal stairs to the many bedrooms – sleepy heads or time to change after a fun day at the beach. Either way, the rooms are large and there is plenty of storage space. No need to trip over each other – stretch out and enjoy the high ceilings and large bedrooms.
You will find three master bedrooms, with double beds and en-suite bathrooms, each facing the garden. Each has masses of wardrobe and chest of drawers space. Further along the hall is another twin room, with an en-suite bathroom, with enormous windows that look out onto the spacious garden too. Light floods in all the rooms making you feel energised when you wake up – ready for another fun day ahead.
Down the hall are three twin rooms – begging for midnight feasts, ghost stories retold and added to from the year before and whispers of the adventures the morning brings. Off to Aberffraw Beach or further along to Rhosneigr Beach – time to book a lesson and learn to windsurf or laugh about all the times you fell off trying! Sandcastle competitions, ice creams galore, warm shoulders and sandy toes – the days ahead at Penrhyn Halen will be packed full of fun things to do.
There is a large bathroom for these twin rooms to share – and with a bath and separate shower, there is no excuse for not washing off the day! Children are warned!
- Accommodation can sleep up to 14 guests
- Changeover day is Friday or Monday (4pm check in/10am check out)
- Short breaks available with a Monday or Friday changeover option. Can be flexible off season
- Within 5 minute drive from Aberffraw beach and 10 minutes from Rhosneigr beach
- Situated in the countryside with stunning views across rural farmland
- Entrance hall with pegs for coats
- Games room with full sized billiard table
- Utility Room with washing machine, dryer, ironing board and iron
- Downstairs cloakroom with lavatory and basin, room off with more coat pegs
- Informal sitting room with sofas, chairs and large selection of games and TV/DVD player
- Formal sitting room with sofas, open log fire, TV/DVD player
- Large kitchen with table that seats 14 comfortably and a smaller table to seat a group
- Kitchen with large electric range cooker. dishwasher, large upright freezer, large upright fridge, microwave and French doors that open onto garden
- Large hall and separate covered and enclosed porch
- Bedroom 1 – very large bedroom with double bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers, dressing table and en-suite bathroom (bath with shower over, lavatory and basin)
- Bedroom 2 – very large bedroom with double bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers and en-suite bathroom (bath with shower over, lavatory and basin)
- Bedroom 3 – very large bedroom with double bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers, dressing table and en-suite bathroom (bath with shower over, lavatory and basin)
- Bedroom 4 – very large bedroom with twin beds, wardrobe, chest of drawers and en-suite bathroom (bath with shower over, lavatory and basin)
- Bedroom 5 – twin bedroom, wardrobe
- Bedroom 6 – twin bedroom, wardrobe
- Bedroom 7 – twin bedroom, wardrobe
- Family bathroom – bath, separate shower, basin and lavatory
- Bed linen and towels provided
- Storage for bikes in utility room or outside porch area
- Electric central heating and hot water
- Travel cot and highchair available upon request
- All utility bills included
- Large off road parking and plenty of room for cars and boats
- Enclosed garden with table and chairs
- Dogs permitted
- No smoking
- Please note: a 30% deposit (excluding last minute bookings) and a booking fee is required at the time of booking.
“Thanks for the loan of the property we had a fab time and we are off home now. Wow Penrhyn Halen is cozy and fabulous for a big group. Really enjoyed our stay.”
“Fab house had a brill weekend with my family to celebrate my 60th birthday.”
“Fantastic stay, Thinking of when to stay again! Pool table and air hockey went down a treat! ”
“Thanks for a fabulous weekend in this lovely farmhouse. We will be back!”
“The house was perfect for what we needed, large kitchen was perfect for getting everyone together. Beds were comfy. Would recommend the house to anyone!”
“What can we say? This has been a great house to home our family for a family 50th, could not have chosen anywhere better! Thank you for everything! We would love to come back again.”
“We spent 3 nights with all my siblings and their partners. The last time we slept together was 47 years ago and it has been fantastic! It was like Downton Abbey in real life! The first of many more get togethers.”
“We had a great time! Our second visit and we want to come back again!”
“Very spacious, well equipped property. Ideal for our group. Lovely coastal walks, cycling and bird watching”
“Thank you so much ,we all enjoyed our stay at Penryn Halen this weekend. It was a really clean and spacious house with room for everyone. We were exceptionally lucky to have good weather this weekend with the countryside looking its best.”
” We had an absolutely super weekend, and Penrhyn Halen is a wonderful house! Thanks for all your help, and it was lovely to spend time together with the other two families over lunch on Sunday. We were fortunate with the weather, but even if it had poured all weekend, we would have been very happy in the house. The pool table was very well used by the boys, and we all appreciated the log fire. ”
“Perfect weekend, wish we could have stayed longer!”
PENRHYN HALEN, BODORGAN, ANGLESEY, LL62 5LS
Similar cottages on Anglesey you may like
GLAN GORS FELIN
TAN Y BRYN