Pandy Cottage is a charming white cottage – dog friendly and a stone’s throw from Aberffraw Beach.
A budget bolthole with a simple layout but situated in a stunning part of Anglesey. This bolthole is not high end luxury but it has everything you need.
Pandy is a secluded cottage that is ideal for families, dog lovers, walkers, cyclists and couples looking to grab some time away from the slog of life. Aberffraw Beach is less than half a mile away and a delightful walk for all to enjoy.
Arrive at Aberffraw and drive up a winding lane by the estuary to Pandy Cottage, a sweet Welsh white-washed cottage set back from the town and with views to enjoy. Look over the garden gate and you will see a reserve of reed beds teeming with wildlife and fields galore. Sit back in the summerhouse and listen to the birds sing – a wonderful privilege for all to enjoy.
Open the front door to an open plan living and dining area that is bright and airy. Gaze out the kitchen windows to Aberffraw and watch the day welcome you to Anglesey. Light the wood burning stove after a long walk and snuggle up on the sofa. Enjoy a film on television or sit quietly with a book and each other for company.
Next door is a double bedroom decorated in gentle greys and pastel pinks, all designed to ensure you feel relaxed. A twin room lies at the end of the cottage with views across the countryside and large single comfy beds fit for a king !
The bathroom, with bath and shower over, is neat and tidy and allows sandy toes to wriggle clean.
After a day exploring come home to dine in your own outdoor space with barbecue, picnic bench, a secluded spot for you alone. Grab your food and eat al fresco! It’s also perfect for a quiet beer or glass of chilled white wine – and a gaze over the reeds to watch nature at play.
Aberffraw is an excellent location as it allows you to explore the Anglesey Coastal Path by foot or to grab your bicycle and tackle a few challenging rides. For those who need a faster pace there is Trac Mon down the road – petrol heads be warned you may just be far too happy!
Aberffraw itself is a quiet village but there is a good pub with home cooked food that guests have raved about. A local shop, post office and tearooms serving amazing cakes allows you to base yourself there quite happily. You can hire bikes from the tea shop so if space is a premium this may be a solution.
Aberffraw Beach is incredible. With views to write home about and a wonderful walk along the estuary to reach it, it is heaven for 2 and 4 legged guests. You can also visit easily the well known Newborough Beach with red squirrels in the woods and Llanddwyn Island to entice you along its sandy shores. Dine out at The Marram Grass Cafe before you return home or venture into nearby Rhosneigr where you will be spoilt for choice.
For busy commuters there is no need to drive anywhere if you enjoy walking as the Anglesey Coastal Path dips in to Aberffraw to scoop up any adventurous souls – time off for everyone !
- Sleeps up to 4 guests
- Changeover day Friday (4pm check in/10am check out)
- Short breaks available with a Monday or Friday changeover option at certain times of the year
- Two bedrooms and one bathroom
- Enclosed garden (please note not fully dog proof)
- Off road parking
- Within easy walking distance of Aberffraw
- 10 minutes drive to Rhosneigr
- Stunning views across the countryside to Aberffraw
- Entrance hall with coat cupboard, clothes airer, iron and ironing board
- Master bedroom with double bed, built-in wardrobe and hairdryer
- Twin bedroom with built-in wardrobe
- Bathroom with shower over the bath, WC, basin, linen cupboard and heated towel rail
- Open plan living area with large sofa, chair, TV/DVD
- Log burning stove with initial basket of logs provided
- Dining area with table and four chairs
- Kitchen area with electric hob and oven, fridge, washing machine, freezer and microwave
- Bed linen and towels provided
- Electric central heating and hot water
- Travel cot and highchair available upon request
- Bills included
- Storage for bikes in the shed
- A small boat/canoe may be stored outside the house
- Enclosed garden with picnic table
- Private Parking all year round
- Wifi throughout the house
- Dogs permitted, please enquire
- No smoking
- Please note: a 30% deposit (excluding last minute bookings) and a £20 booking fee is required at the time of booking
“I really like this cottage because it is right next to a big empty beach for kayaking!” (Natasha, Aged 9, August 2017)
“I loved this cottage. It is in a stunning location and had beautiful beaches and coves with excellent surf.” (Matilda, Aged 11, August 2017)
“We’ve had an absolutely fantastic holiday in this amazing location. No need to go anywhere other than Aberffraw Beach. But there’s still plenty of other options if the weather is moody!” (Matilda and Natasha’s Mummy and Daddy! August 2017)
“My sister and I loved the cottage. We had an amazing week , weather fabulous. Loved Aberffraw, Church Bay, especially Cemlyn and Camaes for wildlife. Will miss looking out the window and seeing hares playing at dusk! Beautiful location! (Carole, Jeanine and Hoolie, July 2017)
“Lovely stay, cottage so peaceful yet a short walk into the village. Enjoyed walking Ted along the estuary and on to the sea for a paddle and a game of ball. Visited Church Bay twice on the sunny days, a perfect place! Food good at The Crown in the village, also The Oyster Catcher. The tea rooms are good value with very nice staff! Really love this side of the island and will return very soon.” (The Samaris and Teddy, July 2017)
“We had a great week in Aberffraw. We really enjoyed the views around the cottage and the proximity of the village and the beach. Beaumaris and Rhosneigr are great nearby places to visit, and Bangor for shopping. About the cottage: It is nice and cosy, with all the amenities we needed. The wifi wasn’t consistently good.” (Martine and Emma, Belgium, July 2017) Glad to add the Wifi has been fixed.
Similar cottages on Anglesey you may like
APPLE TREE COTTAGE