A cosy light filled cottage for 5 in the heart of Beaumaris
Melvin Cottage wraps you in a warm hug the minute you open the door. This Grade II listed cottage has been fully renovated but kept all its charm and period features. With a Nest system set to welcome you and Alexa ready to answer your questions, the owners want you to relax and feel at home. No need to worry if you arrive late at night – the heating will be on and your breakfast ready and awaiting the first morning of your holiday.
An open plan sitting and dining area is light and airy, with a snuggly fireside sofa and comfy chairs to ease you into your holiday. Open the doors to the sunny courtyard and enjoy this suntrap, plants spill out of pots and a bistro dining set is ready and waiting for a peaceful cup of coffee or two.
A modern kitchen with range cooker and everything a chef could need awaits the creative types. For those less sure of the need to cook then it’s an easy walk to pubs and restaurants, you’ll find so many options to tempt you… quick fish and chips on the sea wall to tapas with a bar with every cocktail possible and everything in between . The only thing you need to choose is which holiday outfit to wear!
Sleepy heads know they will sleep well with 3 comfortable light filled bedrooms to choose from. This house for five has a king sized bed, double bed and single bed too.
Finally, a shower room fit for a king completes this cottage – warm, fluffy towels and plenty of hot water ensure you are well pampered. For those with little ones in tow, a travel cot, highchair and baby bath can be in situ ready for your arrival, just give us the nod and all will be arranged. There’s even a stairgate ready and waiting to keep little people safe and our furry friends downstairs.
All you need to do is pack what you need, arrive and relax.
- Sleeps up to 5 guests
- Dog Friendly (1 dog permitted, medium size please let us know the breed when you book. £20 extra)
- Changeover day is Friday or a Monday (4pm check in/10am check out)
- Short breaks available Nov to March – excluding peak weeks
- Some flexibility may be possible off peak
- Sitting room with sofa, three armchairs, living flame gas fire, Smart HDTV
- Open plan sitting room, kitchen and dining area
- WiFi throughout
- Amazon Alexa
- Fully equipped kitchen with Bosch gas hob and electric oven, microwave, Bosch fridge with ice box, washing machine and dryer
- Nespresso coffee machine with complimentary pods
- Breakfast for the first morning will be left
- Enclosed courtyard with table and chairs
- 1st floor master bedroom with king bed, double wardrobe, chest of drawers and chair
- 1st floor bedroom with double bed, chest of drawers, clothes hanging and chair
- 1st floor bedroom with single bed, wardrobe and drawer storage
- Bathroom with lavatory, basin, towel rail and large corner shower
- Gas central heating on Nest system and constant hot water
- Travel cot (no bedding supplied), baby bath and high chair available upon request
- Stairgate at top of stairs
- Iron and ironing board
- Easy walking distance to Beaumaris town centre
- Electricity and gas included
- Parking: from mid July to end of August parking on The Green for one car will be paid for. The rest of the year: parking is roadside.
- No smoking
- Please note: a 30% deposit (excluding last minute bookings) and a £20 booking fee is required at the time of booking
“Melvin Cottage is a gem! A lovely Grade II listed cottage with lots of lovely period features but modern facilities – kitchen, bathroom, fast broadand, Smart TV, Alexa etc. that suited us down to the ground. It is right in the heart of lovely Beaumaris, very close to shops, pubs, restaurants, the castle and the sea front. We loved exploring Beaumaris and the surrounding area and then snuggling up for the evening in the cottage by the fire. We enjoyed several of the pubs and restaurants but also took advantage of the well equipped kitchen. Highly recommended, we will be back.”
“What a wonderful time we had at Melvin Cottage over New Year . The decor and attention to detail was billiant. Upstairs the bedrooms had storage in all the right places, comfortable beds and bedding, a contemporary shower bathroom. The kitchen was well equipped, but with a great choice of eateries all a few strides away, it was a litttle under used. There is also a very good butchers and bakery and a small Spar also within walking distance (so I could have cooked a bit more!). We spent the days out exploring Beaumaris and walking on local beaches, coming back to a warm and welcoming cottage. The “Alexa” was also very useful for all sorts of information and music entertainment. we prised ourselves away from comfy chairs and cosy fire at midnight on New Year’s Eve to watch the fireworks at Beaumaris Castle, a fitting finale to a great stay.”