Melin Y Bont
Step into four storeys of light filled tranquillity via steps up to the staging decking that wraps around the windmill. Here you will find a generous open-plan living space with a hand-made curved kitchen… it’s ‘wow’ from the moment you walk in. The symphony of thick, rustic boards, cast iron radiators, rough painted stone walls and modern hi-tech luxury works well. Amidst soaring beams is a little viewing window and French doors opening onto the decking outside. Carry out a breakfast tray with coffee and breathe in the views over farmland and towards the sea which are seriously beautiful! Breakfasts will never be the same again. Or dine at the large table in the open-plan space and then retreat to the comfy pastel coloured armchairs. The galley kitchen is close to hand, well-lit and equipped it has everything you’ll need to refuel rampaging offspring and their parents.
A beautifully crafted wooden staircase is ready to wind you upstairs to three beautifully considered bedrooms. First is the double bedroom, a delicious nest amid original features. A swish bathroom sits neatly next to it within the curved walls. The stairs narrows upwards to a twin bedroom dressed with pastel colours so you can sleep peacefully on perfectly ironed white cotton under the chunky beam. A bathroom is around the curved corner. You get white walls to soak up the light and fantastic views of the rolling countryside. Up again and saving the best until last, go into a tangle of timbers to the lookout with its wild views all the way across fields for miles. Here is a perfect lofty retreat with a double bed and massive beams spanning above – this is the place to be. Holing up in bad weather is sheer pleasure here. For the finer days, the balcony is a treat for morning coffee or a glass of something special.
The hard working Windmill machinery from the early days of 1825 lies below in the basement and provides a hub too for the modern working aspects of the Windmill. A washing machine sits ready for the beach soaked clothes and wet suits can linger to dry. It has direct access to the outside garden so sandy toes can be sorted out before heading upwards.
The Windmill setting is magical: a vast sky hangs overhead, cows graze in the fields and the sea in the distance beckons. Kids and dogs will love free-ranging in the large fenced garden with the wildflowers. Grown-ups can fire up the barbecue and enjoy a Sundowner.
If you’d like to stay for less than a week, or to start your holiday on a different day (out of peak holiday season) then do get in touch as we will try to accommodate you – we are often more flexible than the website options are!
- Close to the beaches
- Sleeps 6 with three bedrooms and two bathrooms
- Accommodation can cater for 6 guests
- A baby may be considered (a travel cot is available)
- Large living, dining and kitchen area on first floor with wide screen High Density TV/DVD and Freeview
- Washing machine, dishwasher, microwave, fridges/freezer
- Dining table in kitchen and living area with seating for 6 guests
- Ground floor basement area with washing machine, storage and boiler
- Second floor bedroom with double size bed
- Second floor bathroom with separate bath and shower
- Third floor bedroom with two single beds
- Third floor bathroom with bath (with shower over with shower curtain)
- Forth floor bedroom in eaves with double bed and balcony area accessed via steps
- Heating via radiators
- Electricity and all bills included
- Towels and bedding included
- Parking for plenty of cars outside
- Boat or canoe storage on request.
- BBQ available
- Outside tap
- Lawn area enclosed
- Travel cot and high chair available on request
- No smoking
- A dog welcome on request, at an extra cost of £20
- Wifi available
- Fiday changeover
- Mobile reception good
- Pubs within a mile
- Local shop within a mile
- Public transport available within a mile
- Home cooked food delivery available
- Tesco, Waitrose & ASDA home delivery service available
- Holistic and beauty practitioner available on site on request
- Prices from £360 to £1200 (plus £20 if bringing your dog)
- Please note: a 30% deposit (excluding last minute bookings) and a £20 booking fee is required at the time of booking
” We leave in the morning and would like to thank you for the most AMAZING time, we have absolutely loved Melin Y Bont. What a unique and gorgeous property, we feel privileged to have stayed here, the top bedroom where I slept is the best room I have ever stayed in, and we have stayed in one or two very nice hotels. The light and the stars on clear nights were out of this world. I have been raving about our stay to family and friends, everyone should have a stay in Melin Y Bont in their lifetimes, it is my favourite self catering property to date. “
Jayne Chapman and Family (September 2016)
” Just wanted to say that the stay in the windmill was great over the weekend. Everything about it was fantastic and the enclosed garden was ideal for the dogs. We have already made recommendations and passed on details to friends. ”
Scott (May 2016)