The Long Cottage
The Long Cottage Anglesey has been here forever but has been renovated in a pleasing country style. Enter a space of old beams and newly painted walls. The enormous cream kitchen, that houses a huge wooden table with benches awaiting hungry guests, is light and airy. Patio doors saturate the room with light and bring the garden in for all to enjoy. On sunny days seat yourself around the picnic bench outside and tuck into freshly caught fish or other locally bought produce – BBQ heaven!
Grab a book and snuggle up on one of the comfy sofas in the rustic sitting room with a colourful rug beneath your feet to keep you in good cheer. Guests will feel totally spoilt by the full Sky package to keep them entertained – or grab a pack of cards and deal away at the card table. Loser washes up!
Sleepy heads can climb the open staircase to two bedrooms that are lightly furnished in a country style. The double bedroom has wonderful views across the lush pastures to the sea and mountains beyond, while the twin room is light and airy and has wonderful cheery bedding. The bathroom sits in between and is dressed elegantly with a modern shower to help wake up sleepy heads or to sooth tired walking limbs at the end of the day.
For those who wish to bring their horse on a holiday of a lifetime then, for a little extra, they can stay too! The stabling is on a livery yard just down from The Long Cottage with a full size outdoor dressage ménage for schooling. Imagine taking yourself for a hack on your own horse – down the lane to the local beach or attach your trailer and off you go to the marked trails at Newborough Forest!
The historic town of Beaumaris is just down the road and it has an all year round buzz to it. With plenty of restaurants, shops and even a castle you won’t be short of things to do! Boat trips around Puffin Island and fishing can be organised from here. On a practical point the village shop is a mile away in Llangoed or further along in Menai Bridge you will find a Waitrose.
Llaeniog and Cynlais beaches are a about a half a mile walk down country lanes so a real bonus for walkers. Llanddona Beach and the hidden cove called White Beach are also within easy driving distance. For beach bunnies you will love the extra storage space in the garage for your surf boards or kayaks.
The Long Cottage is a brilliant base for walkers, surfers, horse riders, cyclists, sailors or dog walkers. A great base for just about everyone!
- Sleeps 4
- 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
- Views of countryside, mountains and sea
- Livery offered by private arrangement with Owner
- Changeover day is Friday (4pm check in/10am check out)
- Short breaks available with a Monday or Friday changeover option at certain times of the year
- Dogs permitted at an extra cost of £20 per dog
- 1 double bedroom with chest of drawers and wardrobe
- 1 twin bedroom with chest of drawers
- Owner happy to accept your supermarket delivery on check in day with prior notice
- Sitting room with television, DVD player and Sky Sports/Movies
- Large kitchen with seating for 8, cooker, fridge freezer, dishwasher and microwave
- Family bathroom on first floor with shower, hand basin, lavatory and heated towel rail
- Garage with washing machine, dryer and bike/kayak storage
- Bed linen and towels provided
- Wifi throughout the house
- Oil central heating and hot water
- Travel cot, stair gate and highchair
- Picnic table and BBQ in enclosed front garden
- Electricity and oil included
- Off road parking
- Please note: a 30% deposit (excluding last minute bookings) and a £20 booking fee is required at the time of booking
*** Please note the shower room has been renovated recently and photographs have yet to be taken – for repeat bookings please note there is no longer a bath just a large walk in shower ***
” What a fantastic mini break we had here. We were met by Melody on arrival, a lovely lady who was very helpful. The cottage is simply perfect and spacious, very clean and tastefully decorated, it had everything you would want or need, including a garage with washing machine and dryer. Outside a well kept large garden with parking and a little wander down the lane takes you to the water’s edge. A 5 minute drive takes you into Beaumaris. We loved every minute and will definitely be going back !!! (Route 606, April 2016) “
” We arrived on Good Friday having booked the cottage “last minute” and received a very warm welcome. The place was very tidy and there was off road, enclosed parking. Ideal for people with young kids or pets as the front garden was quite large. The view is good with glimpses of the Menai Straits from the 1st floor windows. The beds were comfortable and there were plenty of utensils, pots and crockery for cooking with. The cottage was also very warm and insulated, (which was good considering the storm we had). Beaumaris was a 5 minute journey by car while there were lots of local walking opportunities and it was beautifully quiet in the evenings. (Drew, March 2016) “