A classic bolthole of a lodge not too far from the beaches, with a stream and fabulous woodland
Discover Llynnon Lodge. Drive down the leafy, country lane and squirrelled away is a charmingly restored listed Lodge surrounded in peace. Wrought-iron gates and leafy green – this is a hidden retreat, tucked amongst the charming Llynnon Estate.
Delightfully simple and as untroubled as its surroundings, great for walkers and those in search of peaceful solitude. It’s very leafy, quiet here.
You’ll feel nicely calmed as soon as you step through the door. Off the entrance landing, steps drop down to the living area and twin room below, and a stair rises to the bedroom and bathroom above. The kitchen is neatly to the point. Cook together with one in the well-equipped kitchen and the other snugly sitting with a drink in hand by the cosy fire in the dining area. Eat around the table, or grill your supper on the barbecue while you watch the sun go down.
Hop upstairs to the master bedroom to a generous bed and large glass doors pulling the outside in. Enjoy peace, air and space with a morning coffee on the balcony. The bathroom is a step away – handsome with huge bath and soothing views, a large drenching shower and three windows flooding it with green light.
Down steps find nothing but more lush green and sky visible through the great glass and timber doors at the end of the big open space that is the sitting room. Cosy with a flame effect fire, stereo, TV, books, games. Nothing on TV? Pop out of the large glass doors to the south-facing terrace to your ancient woodland garden and watch the pretty stream babbling by.
Next door are two delicious twin beds to offer a calm retreat for bedtime. A peaceful slice of Anglesey dark night skies to aid undisturbed sleep. A sensible wash/drying room and WC here is well thought out and handy.
Bring the kids to Llynnon Lodge for big gulps of the freshest air and they can play in the south-facing garden that laps up the sun. Fantastic walks lead from the door – you can walk to Llynnon Mill in 15 minutes, past a little brook and weir. You’re brilliantly placed for exploring coast and country: there are beaches and a few good pubs within 8 miles.
Enjoy the birdsong by day and amazing starry skies by night, indulge your inner recluse – read, write, retreat. Stock up on good food and wine, light the fire, turn off your phones, hide the car keys and relax.
- Sleeps up to 4 guests
- Private parking for up to 3 cars
- Dog friendly (March to early July) – 1 small dog please state breed
- Changeover days Friday or Monday (Friday only during peak)
- Short breaks available (excluding peak)
- Dining area with table with seating for 4 and seating for 2 by the wood stove
- Two steps down to a fully equipped kitchen with oven, hob and dishwasher
Up steps from Ground floor to Second Floor:
- Master bedroom with King Sized bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers and side tables
- Patio doors opening to a large balcony
- Bathroom with large bath, power shower, WC and heated towel radiator
Down 5 steps from First floor to basement area
- Twin room with two single beds, sink, wardrobe, chest of drawers and side table
- Washing machine/dryer and WC with sink
- Small freezer
- Under floor heating and constant hot water
- Hair dryer
- Travel cot (no bedding supplied) and high chair available
- Electricity and gas included
- No smoking
- Exterior – picnic bench and two director’s chairs
- Dog charge £20 extra
- Please note: a 30% deposit (excluding last minute bookings) and a booking fee is required at the time of booking
- Local beaches Porth Tywyn Mawr (Green Coast Award), Porth Trefadog, Porth Trwyn and Church Bay / Porth Swtan (Blue Flag Award) are all 10 – 15 minutes away by car.
- Closest shop in Llanfachraeth village a 5 min drive/larger shops 20 mins drive
You should note:
- There is a decked area that leads to lawn area with a stream running through so please ensure that children are supervised at all times.
- The garden area is not fully enclosed
Diggle Dog Tips:
When my owner has wine out, I can slip off into the woods of the estate unhindered. Yippee. Owners be aware.
New property comments to follow.