Hen Tyn Y Mynydd
Dog friendly hideaway on the highest point of Anglesey
Hen Tyn y Mynydd commands a magical position. First, you thread through green lanes, up a stone track past the magnificent mountain and then you arrive at the highest point on Anglesey and glimpse the sea.
The perfect whitewashed, stone picture perfect cottage. Outside is a haven for nature. Inside Hen Tyn Y Mynydd is a serene mix. Arrive into stripped floors and chalky colours and a wonderfully long dining room with a table from heaven to sit at. Cooks will be happy with the view-filled kitchen and the kind owners have left everything you need to bustle away.
Hunker down in the snug living room with pale pastels contrasting with a squashy leather sofa, honeyed tones and the glow of the stove. Off the low-ceilinged living room, a light-filled door opens to a sheltered outside space where you can sit and watch the moorhens on the pond having their breakfast.
Up the painted staircase leads to three restful bedrooms. A patchwork pretty king sized bedroom, a smart seaside twin and a heart-filled snug double. Find a seaside bathroom with a drenching shower and pebbled floor. Soak up the bath and linger.
Sea views from here remind you that just two miles away is Lligwy Beach. It may be hard to tear yourself away from this oasis of calm, but Moelfre too is a super seaside village with a great pub, the lovely Ann’s Pantry and coastal views. The RNLI station promises oodles of history and a warm welcome. A Folk on the Farm festival held down the road each year features some of the best folk artists at Tyddyn Mon. Benllech Beach is close too so plenty to do locally.
Follow the path over the mountain, and return for a good supper, perhaps roasted scallops on the barbeque. Move from terrace to terrace, tracking the sun’s progress. Play ball games on the lawn or chess on the terrace.
All you hear at Hen Tyn y Mynydd are the birds, the breeze and peace. It’s a perfect position – gardens, beaches and the mountain and Anglesey Coastal Path await.
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 2 lavatories
- Dog Friendly – 2 dogs (more may be accepted but please ask) £20/dog
- Semi detached but very private
- 3 miles from Moelfre
- 2 miles from Lligwy Beach
- Mynydd Bodafon (Bodafon Mountain)/ Yr Arwydd, the highest point on Anglesey, is on your doorstep and a great dog walk
Ground Floor :
Dining Area off kitchen:
- Entrance into the house from off road parking area and outdoor raised deck
- Raised decking: large picnic table
- Dining room off kitchen with large farmhouse table
- Utility cupboard with washing machine
- Downstairs lavatory and basin
- Views of garden and sea – fridge/freezer, electric hob/oven, dishwasher and microwave
- Log burner with first evening of logs supplied
- TV, DVD player and stereo
- Stairgate on stairs (downstairs only)
- French doors to balcony seating area with a second picnic table
Stairs up to 1st floor:
- Master Bedroom: King sized bed, large built in wardrobe, chest of drawers and distant sea views
- Double Bedroom: Double bed, wardrobe and chest of drawers
- Twin Bedroom: two single beds and a wardrobe
- Separate shower
- lavatory, basin and heated towel rail
- Two seating areas on raised decking with views across to the sea in the distance
- One lower seating area by the grass
- Enclosed garden but not fully dog proof if a dog wishes to get out!
- Off road parking for 2 cars and another area you can park further up the road
Please note the road to the house is not tarmacked so not suitable for sports cars
Linen and towels provided
Travel cot and highchair available (please note we do not supply bedlinen for the travel cot)
No Smoking please
Please note: a 30% deposit (excluding last minute bookings) and a booking fee is required at the time of booking.
New property comments to follow