Arrive at Hafod knowing that new memories are about to be made. Flip flops on and relax! With 7 bedrooms you will be spoilt for choice. Downstairs there are 2 master bedrooms with en suite bathrooms, a further two twin bedrooms are down the hall with a sparkling new shower room to share. Up the stairs, nestled in the eaves are three further bedrooms – a king, a single and a triple sleep over bedroom! Midnight feasts and ghost stories here we come!
Downstairs, there is masses of space to socialise in. A huge sitting room with views to lose yourself in – grab a glass of wine and sit on the window seat lost in thought – is adjoined to a large conservatory with panoramic views. A kitchen with the largest of tables sits at the back of the house but with stunning sea views noone will mind the odd bit of washing up!
Dogs are more than welcome at Hafod – they are just as much part of the family as anyone else. With a wonderful open fire ready and waiting for them to lie in front of – best seat in the house, of course.
A short stroll along the road and you will come across the first of many beaches, rockpools, sandcastles, picnics galore. Outdoor living at its best.
Fancy a night off from cooking? It couldn’t be easier to amble along the road to The Seacroft or carry on further along the beachwalk to The Sea Shanty or Black Seal. Seaviews and great menus await. A wonderful relaxed atmosphere and a great selection of wine and beer. Nothing more is needed!
Situated in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, with views stretching far across the sea, Hafod is a very special place indeed. Once the beloved family holiday retreat of the author Nicholas Monsarrat, and thought to be where he first took the inspiration for one of his famous books – The Cruel Sea, Hafod is a spacious house, ideal for groups of families or friends.
This fabulous holiday cottage in Anglesey features in Monsarrat’s book, “My Brother Denys”, in which he recounts much of his formative years in Trearddur Bay. He writes “I believe there was no ‘view’ we knew and loved so much as the one from the windows of ‘Hafod’: it had everything – a fringe of sea pinks, a glint of sunshine on wet rocks, a triangle of sea, and far away, a mile off-shore, the single dark spot – Oyster Rock…”
- Sleeps up to 12 people in 7 bedrooms
- 3 bathrooms
- Extra WC
- Ground floor Double bedroom with en suite shower room
- Ground floor twin bedroom with sink
- Ground floor Double bedroom with en suite bathroom with shower over
- Ground floor shower room
- Ground floor twin bedroom with stunning sea views
- 1st floor double bedroom with sea views
- 1st floor single bed
- 1st floor bedroom with three single beds
- Sitting room with open fire, tv and dvd
- Kitchen and dining area
- Kitchen is bright and well equipped with range cooker, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave and ample storage
- Conservatory with further seating and incredible views
- Separate utility area with washing machine and an area to dry clothes and keep bicycles
- All linen and towels included
- Full central heating
- Electricity and Gas included
- Good mobile phone reception
- Ample on site parking
- Local shop/post office in the village (half mile)
- Please note: a 30% deposit (excluding last minute bookings) and a £20 booking fee is required at the time of booking.