An idyllic seaside retreat for six, perfectly placed by Penmon Priory with spell-binding views.
Inside is equally invigorating but with a calm atmosphere. The kitchen/ dining room is large with an engaging mix of a deliciously old-fashioned kitchen table, quarry tiles, open blazing fire and modern slick fittings. This is a kitchen for cooks with everything from a lemon squeezer to a coffee maker! Drink in the salty view from the thoughtfully positioned armchairs and enjoy a glass of wine along with the Head Chef whilst crafting dinner.
Coats and boots all lined up ready in the back hall and an adjoining Bothy hosts a place for washing and drying out the sandy beachwear. There is even room to store a boat outside. After a day spent rock pooling or exploring the island’s paths and swimming its pristine waters, it’s heaven to return to the panelled living room, with two sofas and squashy chairs with sea views by the fire. The front porch is blissful in the evening – relax back on the cushions with a glass of wine and that view. This house just makes you smile from the minute you arrive.
The three uncluttered bedrooms upstairs are all beautifully furnished with Hypnos beds and have a relaxing feel. Crisp white bedding is kept simple and mountain, sea and sky views provide a fine back drop through stone-framed windows at the front. Great to watch the seagulls flit past while you savour your morning tea in the master or front twin room. Bracing walks can be soaked away in a bathroom with a view! The other twin room has an amazing en-suite shower room and there is yet another bathroom too – all with power showers. Everything is immaculate here.
With such special surroundings you’ll not stray far – walks from the door to Penmon Lighthouse, the beach just below where David Attenborough discovered his love of fossils while exploring this very foreshore as a child – or roam the grounds and take in some history at Penmon Priory. With a free pass to Penmon and based just a pebble’s toss from there, you can stroll to the beautiful coast and gaze beyond Puffin Island night and day. Treat yourself to lunch, cakes and ice creams galore at the Pilot House Café. Marvel at the star strewn sky with the Northern Lights offering a glimpse of heaven now and then. The Milky Way just makes this area even more heavenly than it is during the day.
- Accommodation can sleep up to 6 guests – changeover day is Friday (4pm check in/10am check out)
- 3 large bedrooms and 3 bathrooms
- Short breaks available with a Monday and Friday changeover option at certain times of the year
- 10 minute drive away from Beaumaris
- Within easy walking distance of Penmon Lighthouse and beach
- Sea and mountain views
- Open plan kitchen / dining room with open wood fire, tv, dvd player and seating area by the window
- Microwave, Nespresso coffee machine, 2 larder fridges and 1 larder freezer
- Large farmhouse kitchen table that seats 8
- Panelled sitting room with television, dvd, a selection of games and open wood fire
- Seating area in the porch with sea and mountain views – perfect for that evening drink
- Another entrance at the back with coat and boot storage in the back hall
- Utility room in separate building with washing machine and Belfast sink
- Oil central heating and hot water
- Master bedroom with super king Hypnos bed, sea views and bathroom next door
- Twin bedroom with two 3ft Hypnos beds, ensuite shower room and sea views
- Twin bedroom with two 3ft Hypnos beds and shower room next door
- Storage for bikes in the garden shed
- 1 x Travel cot and highchair available upon request
- Please note stairgates will not work on these stairs and are not provided in this house
- All bedding and bath towels provided
- Electricity and oil included
- Room to store a small boat in the back garden
- Enclosed garden with sea and mountain views
- Garden Furniture
- Private Parking all year round
- First basket of wood and kindling supplied during winter months only
- WiFi throughout the house
- No smoking
- Pets are not permitted at this property, sorry
- Please note: a 30% deposit (excluding last minute bookings) and a £20 booking fee is required at the time of booking
“Wow!!! Flagstaff, we have fallen in love with you. From the moment we walked through the back door you immediately felt at home. So very comfortable even when our kids and their spouses came down and spent the weekend with us. The house was still spacious. Our 2 year 3 month old grandson loved the space inside and out. I’ve enjoyed jogging to Penmon Point each morning and it has been a treat waking up to such spectacular views every day. The weather has been fab. We have had lovely meals: The Marram Grass, Newborough, Bishopsgate Hotel, Beaumaris, but the best (as always) The Loft at The Bull Hotel, Beaumaris. Gerry and I feel the furniture and furnishings are top class. Nothing seems to have been spared which is why Flagstaff feels like home. Huge “Thank yous” for allowing us to stay in your lovely home. We are already booked in and coming back next year!”
Well what can we say? – we have had the most amazing fortnight. The weather has been warm/hot/sunny with only 1.5 days of rain! So much to see – we were very lucky to watch a pod of porpoises from just north of Pentir, while enjoying our packed lunch. Boys have loved rock pooling evenings with the walk to the lighthouse only 15 minutes away. The house is fabulous – we feel so lucky to be the first guests! Everything has been catered for and it is the only place where the cleaners arrived between the two weeks – very handy! Jackie is so kind and helpful – nothing is too much trouble. We have loved the outstanding views across the Menai Strait both from the house and the garden. We have been very comfortable here. We have enjoyed it so much we have booked again for next year! Thank you!”
FLAGSTAFF, BLACK POINT, BEAUMARIS, ANGLESEY, LL58 8RR
Similar cottages on Anglesey you may like
TROS YR AFON