Eryl Mor is one of those enormous houses you open the door to and just lose yourself in the sheer joy of arriving.
A large hall guides you through the downstairs, passing a stunning drawing room packed with sofas and window seats to watch the sea and mountains from. A log burner awaits those who wish to sit and relax in the evenings and catch up into the early hours.
Lots of adults or a mixture of children and adults? Not to worry next door is another sitting room with a more relaxed feel – toys await along with a couple of miniature desks for children to sit and draw the scenery – not to mention a enormous television for film nights. Along the hall is a downstairs WC to save your legs ! Turn right into the dining area – ready for breakfast thanks to the owner thinking of everything…an extra fridge and all the china awaits you – along with a toaster and microwave. No need to disturb the cook next door.
In the main kitchen you will find all you need to cater for large numbers. A range cooker and huge fridge and separate freezer. A dishwasher stands ready to ease your duties! Next to the kitchen is an utility area with a washer/dryer and an area for wet dogs to relax. Access to the outside seating area couldn’t be easier – a real suntrap.
A downstairs double bedroom with a private balcony for two awaits those who need a little space from all the rooms upstairs. A shower room is downstairs too. The perfect compromise if stairs are not your thing.
Upstairs on the 1st floor sits a family bathroom with bath and shower over. Another kitchen with a range cooker and all the mod cons once again – just in case you have lots to cook or would like to join with another family and cook separately. A quiet breakfast is easy as a table and chairs awaits you here as well. The choice becomes yours. Either way, quick access to a cup of tea in the morning must please everyone.
Two magnificent bedrooms await you on this floor, one King and one Super King with sea views and chairs to relax in. Fancy a quiet read? A seating area on the mid landing provides this space – away from all to finish that last page. Rest well you will as the beds make you feel you are sleeping on a cloud. Good luck getting anyone up in the morning, even if the stunning views are tempting!
Up the stairs to the 2nd floor and you will find another family bathroom just like the one below. There are two twin bedrooms (one with bunks for eager sailors who love sea views). Two further bedrooms, both king sized, with views to lose yourself in complete this incredible house.
Outside there are two seating areas – both take advantage of the sun moving around the house. One beside the kitchen is a wonderful lunchtime hideaway. The other right by the Menai Strait allows evening leisure time along with the most enormous BBQ we have ever seen. Fair of skin worry not a sun umbrella awaits you – as elegant as the house.
Dog friendly and large enough to share with friends and family Eryl Mor is a step into luxury. So easy to walk to the wonderful array of shops and restaurants. Along the seaside road is Dylan’s with its spectacular views and great local menu. On the High Street The Freckled Angel, for lovers of tapas and puddings, sits proudly and offers a welcome that will make you smile immediately. For those who plan ahead the Michelin Star restaurant, Sosban & The Old Butchers, awaits you. A culinary delight beyond all measure – worthy of its star, if not a galaxy of its own. The Straits restaurant is full of warmth and a menu all enjoy – perhaps a drink at the pub or a cocktail at Borassic first. The Menai Bridge Food Festival makes an August visit a must for all.
Finally, for those who love to spoil their friends and family with home cooked delights, Waitrose is a walk away. Ditch the car, grab a picnic lunch and walk the day away. Along the coastal path you can venture, exploring all that Anglesey has to offer.
- Sleeps 14
- Friday and Monday changeover days
- Dog friendly
- Drawing room with plenty of seating, log burner, tv/sky box and sea views
- Sitting room / play room with further seating and tv
- Dining area with extra fridge, microwave, toaster
- Downstairs double bedroom with balcony and seating for two
- Downstairs shower room
- Kitchen with range cooker, dishwasher and huge fridge and separate freezer
- Utility area with washer/dryer, iron, ironing board, dog bed and back door
- Outside seating area with picnic table
- 1st floor kitchen with range cooker, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and all kitchen items, sea views to side of house
- Family bathroom with bath and shower over
- King bedroom with tv and sea views to side of house
- Super King bedroom with seating area, tv and sea views
- Landing seating area with sea views
- 2nd floor (top) twin bedroom with tv
- 2nd floor family bathroom with bath and shower over
- 2nd floor king bedroom with tv and sea views to side of house
- 2nd floor king bedroom with tv and sea views
- 2nd floor twin bedroom (bunk beds) with tv and sea views
- Further outside seating area with sea views, bbq and sun parasol
- Two travel cots, two highchairs
- Parking for 6 cars
- All linen and towels included
- All utilities included
- Hive heating and hot water system
- Smart televisions in all bedrooms, sitting room and drawing room
- Dog friendly up to 2 dogs (£20 / dog extra) please note the garden is not fully enclosed
- Please be aware this is a quiet residential area – access is by a private road which must be driven along slowly and with care
- Please note: a 30% deposit (excluding last minute bookings) and a booking fee is required at the time of booking.
“Super house, super location! Had a fab time! Thank you.”
” Thank you for letting us share your stunning house. A great time was had by all!”
“We loved the house and our time here! Great time in Menai Bridge. Thank you so much for everything. ”
” Wonderful weekend, a fab house. We have had a lovely time. Thank you so much, we will be back.”
“We have just spent a week at the newly renovated property Eryl Mor in Menai Bridge and I would leave 10 stars if I could! The property is absolutely STUNNING. We were staying for work as we were filming a TV show in the area and felt spoilt from the moment we walked through the door. The finish is outstanding, with beds that feel like clouds to sleep in. The views over the Menai Strait are the perfect place to have your morning coffee. I couldn’t recommend highly enough. I will 100% be returning for a more leisurely stay.”