Capel Seion – Cwyfan
An apartment for 8 in a beautifully renovated chapel, just a stroll away from Aberffraw beach on the island of Anglesey
Cwyfan, a fascinating restored Welsh Chapel apartment, will deliver a blast of history and sea air. Heaven for groups of eight or less, and room for your furry companion.
Full of vintage treasures, this restored chapel in Aberffraw has been brilliantly transformed to become a trio of bolt holes, of which Cwyfan is one. Head up to the top floor to the perfect nest via unassuming pitch pine wooden stairs. Nuggets of history remain – old oak floors polished to a rich hue and finishes that ooze style, vintage filing cabinets, curiosities and leather bound books all conspire to entice interest. There is even an organ in the foyer!
The stunning open-plan living area with high vaulted ceilings has original art adorning the walls. A wood-burner encourages lounging on great sofas and cooks will be chuffed with the kitchen adorned by the arched stained glass window and a slick work island. Chop away in convivial company or, if you would rather, dine out. The happy pub next door will do a fine home-cooked spread for you all.
Set under the beauty of plastered cornices and magical lighting, the bedrooms at Cwyfan are just the sort you need to get away from everyone – take your pick from imaginatively restored spaces. Two well-dressed king rooms are calm and en suite. Two twin rooms are comfortable and one has sea views. The mood is cool whites and simplicity paired with local vintage, reclamation finds.
Step out to the terrace to soak up the afternoon’s rays. Seconds away is the coastal path for walking and the beach is just a few minutes down the estuary. Meander along the glorious coast to Rhosneigr. Here is a bit of bustle with an art gallery, places to eat, excellent surf and a seaside stroll.
Walkers and cyclists will adore the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Newborough Forest is down the road. For the romantics, head over to the Church in Sea. Not only did it provide a name for your holiday retreat, but it is breathtaking…widely visited, admired, photographed and sketched for centuries. You must go there…
- Sleeps 8
- Dog friendly (£20 extra) One dog permitted, two upon request
- 1st floor apartment
- Shared entrance hall with Cribinau
- Stairs up to apartment then all on one floor
- Views across to the Aberffraw Estuary from some bedrooms
- Master Bedroom with King bed, en suite shower room and tv
- King bedroom with en suite shower room and tv
- Twin bedroom with two single beds
- Twin bedroom with two single beds
- Family bathroom with bath and separate shower, WC and basin
- Open plan sitting / dining / kitchen area
- Log burning stove
- Kitchen: ceramic hob, fan oven with microwave oven
- Fridge, freezer, washing machine and dishwasher
- Fully equipped kitchen including cafetière, toaster, kettle
- Dining area with dining table to seat 8
- Shared outside space with picnic benches
- Please note a BBQ is NOT left at this property
- Aberffraw Estuary can be seen from the garden and is at the end of the road – dog walk heaven
- Private parking for two cars on Capel grounds
- Y Goron (The Crown) pub is next door, excellent food – dog and family friendly
- Please note: a 30% deposit (excluding last minute bookings) and a booking fee is required at the time of booking.
New property guest reviews to follow
Cwyfan, Capel Seion, Bodorgan Square, Aberffraw, Anglesey LL63 5BX
Similar cottages on Anglesey you may like
CAPEL SEION – CORON
CAPEL SEION – CRIBINAU