The perfect seaside place for four with the beach, pub and restaurant all just a flip flop away
Bwthyn Bach is a cosy retreat with ocean views and a pub just a five-minute hop. Walk the coastal path, spot seals in the cove below and dine out at the Lobster Pot.
This whitewashed cottage sits on a hill only yards from the coast, with sea views from the living room and the patio. It is set next to two other cottages but has been cleverly designed to feel private.
Inside the kitchen, light cascades through patio glass doors and all is simple, modern and top notch, from the swish, gloss black kitchen and shiny bathrooms to the TVs in each room. Sit out in your own little garden with the sea and Holyhead Mountain as an inspiring backdrop. Laze away the days on comfy leather couches in the first floor sitting room: TV, books and stunning sunset views. Bedrooms are simple and fresh with a nautical feel and TVs for lazy days.
Head straight out the door to join the coastal path 200 yards away; there are two stunning beaches within a 20-minute walk of the cottage – the closest, at Church Bay is five minutes to build sandcastles, run the dog and watch the sun go down. At the end of the lane there is parking at Church Bay useful for surfers and families with young ones. If trawling the rock pools for supper has failed, you can buy locally caught crab and seafood at The Lobster Pot at Church Bay. Or you can simply sit and enjoy Grandma Hudson’s apple pie and custard at the Wavecrest cafe there. The Coffee House shop in Llanfaethlu is about three miles away for breakfast papers and basics.
Within easy driving distance is the port of Holyhead for day trips to Ireland or take a hike up Snowdonia. Holyhead Mountain may be less strenuous and the views are just as awesome.
- 200 yards from the Church Bay beach
- Sleeps 4
- Changeover day is a Friday
- Short breaks available most of the year starting Fridays or Mondays
- Bedding and towels included
- Small to medium dogs invited (only 2 per booking)
- Kitchen with sea views, dishwasher, microwave, separate fridge and freezer, oven and hob and TV
- Dining table/benches with sea views
- Twin room – two single beds with TV (ground floor)
- Shower room with WC and sink (ground floor)
- Sitting room with sea views, TV/DVD and Ipod dock (first floor)
- Master bedroom with king size bed and TV (first floor)
- En suite with bath with shower over , WC and sink (first floor)
- Outside small enclosed garden with bench and also four folding chairs and parasol
- Private off road parking for one car
- Pub a 2 minute walk up the hill
- The Lobster Pot restaurant a 5 minute walk
- Church Bay beach a 5 minute walk (half a mile)
- Local shop is in Llanfaethlu is about 2 miles away for papers, milk etc
- Large supermarkets in Holyhead 10 miles – Tesco and Morrisons
- Travel cot and highchair available on request
- Please note the cottage is the middle one of three created from a larger house called Annedd Wen
- Please note: a 30% deposit (excluding last minute bookings) and a booking fee is required at the time of booking.
New property comments to follow.
Bwthyn Bach, Church Bay, LL65 4ET
Similar cottages on Anglesey you may like