A welcoming hall with stone floors warm underfoot, leads you into Buttercup. A handy little WC is hidden behind one of the hand crafted oak doors.
From the hallway is a lofty cream kitchen, nicely equipped with all you need and with a little breakfast bar with two hand crafted oak stools to sit for a sociable drink with the chef!
The living room is a charming and relaxing place with beautiful sturdy beams and stunning pictures of the local coast. Two light coloured sofas with a relaxing footstool are perfect for hunkering down in front of the cream Chesney wood burner which sits on a cream granite base with a log basket ready by its side. Or simply watch your favourite shows on HD TV and with a well stocked DVD library on hand. Here is the place to truly unwind!
A beautiful oak table with six oak dining chairs, hand crafted in Devon, is the perfect place to dine and enjoy some time together.
A sleeping galley or den with two single futons can be found up above the living area. Children love it here where they can watch the goings on below. Or simply use the space to relax on the two futons and quietly read.
The bedrooms are contemporary, light and bright. A seaside themed twin bedroom is perfect for children or friends to share. Enjoy waking to fresh blue & white striped comfy duvets with seaside cushions. These two beds can combine to become a superking size for couples too. The honey-coloured travertine stone en-suite has a bath with shower above and heated towel rail.
The master bedroom is flooded with light and with its blush and cream tones and beautiful ethereal feather pendant light, is an absolute joy. A beautifully crafted wooden Loaf king size bed welcomes you with its luxurious bedding. The two matching wooden hand crafted bedside tables sit comfortably with the modern cream wardrobe and tallboy to provide a cosy nest. Wash off the salt from a hard day on the beach in the luxury en-suite shower room with fluffy pink towels. Light the scented candle and read or surf the net.
Patio doors lead out from here to the stone patio. Sit and soak up the sun and gaze across the country views from the garden table and chairs. This is the perfect quiet and sheltered spot for the BBQ and a meal outdoors. There is access to a shared lawn for the children to play or for the dogs to have a roll!
You can walk to the pub in the nearby village for a pint and a meal. A short walk for a mile and a half through a wealth of coves along the Coastal Path with dramatic views that takes you to a fish restaurant in Church Bay, or just pop in for a cream scone at the Wavecrest Cafe. One of those scones equals a thousand walks to wear it off, so keep meandering along the cliffs to drink in the views. The surrounding area is a haven for nature lovers providing fantastic walks, course and sea fishing, riding and sailing opportunities. The local village is less than a mile away with a shop for groceries and a great new pub with wood burning stove and local food. Dogs are also welcome.
Only a few miles away is the port town of Holyhead, not just offering the convenience of supermarkets but also links to Ireland. The A55 expressway is 10 minutes away, giving easy access to explore the beauty of the Isle of Anglesey and with the majestic Snowdonia mountain range only a thirty minute drive away.
Finally as Borthwen Barns are close to the privately owned Carreglwyd Country Estate, the huge fishing lake and beautiful woodland walks can be made available to all guests on request. There will be a small cost for use of the fishing of the lake.
- A two minute walk from the beach
- Sleeps 4-6 with 2 bedrooms and a mezzanine area
- Accommodation can cater for 6 guests (with 2 in mezzanine area on two single futon beds)
- 1 master bedroom with king bed and en-suite shower room and heated towel rail
- 1 twin room with two singles
- Family bathroom with bath, separate shower and heated towel rail
- Cupboard off hallway accommodates washing machine and dryer
- WC off hallway
- Open plan living area with sofa seating for 6 and dining table for 6
- Wide Screen High Density TV/DVD and Freesat
- Kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, fridge/small freezer
- Heating via under floor heating
- High chair and travel cot available
- Electricity and all bills included
- Parking for two cars outside barn and an overspill car park about 70m away for any additional cars
- BBQ, patio area with bench/table
- Shared lawn area
- No smoking
- Limited mobility as on ground floor but has a step up to the barn
- Dogs welcome – up to two dependent upon sizes (at a cost of £20 per dog)
- Wifi available on site but very poor inside barn, better outside
- Mobile reception poor to average
- Restaurant and two pubs within two miles
- Local shop within a mile
- Public transport available within a mile
- From £325 to £900 (plus £20 per dog)
- Please note: a 30% deposit (excluding last minute bookings) and a £20 booking fee is required at the time of booking
Justine and family (June 2014)
” Buttercup was a great place to stay – great facilities and location second to non with beautiful beaches and coastal walks. “
Alan and family (September 2013)
” We have had a fabulous stay at Borthwen barns. Everything you could possibly need has been thought of. The beach down the road is great for children and dogs and the cliff walks are stunning. You must try The Lobster Pot. Thank you we will be back. ”
Penny, Peter and Maisie (and Alfie the dog)