The traditional farmhouse kitchen has a four-door blue Aga, terracotta tiles and everything you need to cook for a group of friends and family. A large oak table seats 10 so you can dine by the Aga by candlelight or just sit and chat. The sitting room is restful with squashy leather sofas and chairs, a large wood-burner and TV and DVD player. There is WiFi of course and shelves of books.
The Sun Room is a great space for lazy evenings, playing games or eating at the table that can seat four, or just to take in the views across the rolling green fields. Patio doors open onto the terrace which has table and chairs to extend the sociable space even further. Fire up the barbeque and take in the smell of sea air and stay up late to enjoy the dark night sky shine with stars.
This sunny and generous house caters well for all weathers. A utility area is equipped with a washing machine and dryer and clothes airing facilities. So pile on in from the beach, leave you wet clothes to dry and soak in the bath in the family bathroom overlooking the country views or take a brisk shower. You have a choice of three! Let the wood burning stove envelope you if the storms appear.
Sleep well in the five large traditional bedrooms with feather duvets and comfortable beds.
The master bedroom with en-suite shower room has a king bed and sumptuous chaise longue on which you may recline, relax and read quietly.
The lighthouse room has single bunk beds and views of the Skerries lighthouse.
Next door a twin room caters for up to four with two extra trundle beds at the ready to be pulled out for the larger groups.
The large double bedroom is vast and has twin aspect windows allowing light to flood in. An en-suite shower room is attached.
On the ground floor is a super king bedroom with a separate shower room easily accessed next door.
The entire house can be used for larger gatherings or it is offered as a ground floor option only for couples.
There is plenty to do on the doorstep with the plentiful coastline, with its accompanying walks and dramatic views. The accessible coastal footpath leads to other beaches and coves, such as Church Bay, which is famous for its seafood restaurant just a mile and a half away. Perfect for those that love the tranquillity of the beach and water-sports, but also for nature enthusiasts, walkers and mountain bikers. Get the walking boots on and hike up the road for a mile to the village to find the local shop and The Black Lion pub which is perfect for food – dogs invited too! Holyhead is ten miles away and offers the larger shops.
- Huge and right by the beach
- Sleeps 10 -12 with five large bedrooms and four bathrooms
- Borthwen Farmhouse is available as a half house booking for couples in lower season
- Accommodation can cater for 12 guests (with 2 on two single pull out beds)
- 1 master bedroom with king bed and en-suite shower room and heated towel rail
- 1 twin room with two single bunk beds
- Family bathroom with bath and hand held shower and heated towel rail
- 1 large double room with shower room and heated towel rail
- 1 twin room with two pull out trundle beds under single beds
- 1 ground floor super king bedroom
- Ground floor shower room
- Open plan living area with sofa seating for 10
- TV/DVD and Freeview
- Sun room with patio doors, seating for four plus dining table with four chairs
- Utility room accommodates a chest freezer, washing machine and dryer, microwave and sink
- Kitchen with Aga, electric cooker, separate induction hob, large work island with dishwasher, fridge/ freezer
- Dining table and 10 chairs in kitchen
- Heating via radiators (oil combi boiler)
- High chair and travel cot available
- Electricity and all bills included
- Parking for loads of cars outside
- BBQ, patio area with table and chairs
- Huge lawn area
- Separate paddock
- No smoking
- On two floors but ground floor has shower room and bedroom so accessible with wheelchair
- Dogs welcome – up to two dependent upon sizes (cost per dog is £30)
- Wifi available
- Mobile reception average
- Restaurant and two pubs within two miles
- Local shop within a mile
- Public transport available within a mile
- Please note: a 30% deposit (excluding last minute bookings) and a £20 booking fee is required at the time of booking
Nigel and Tracy Bould (September 2016)
” Just a quick email to say that we had a great holiday in a fantastic house. It was very comfortable and well-equipped. We are thinking (already!) of booking for next May for the same week if it’s available?!! “
Liz (May 2014)