A bolthole with sea views just a two minute stroll from the sandy Borthwen Beach with great rock pools – great for families or large groups that wish to celebrate.
Sea and sky flood through huge roof windows, illuminating clean-cut vibrant sofas that dot the large, contemporary, open living space. In one corner, a sleek monochrome kitchen has all that you need to dine with friends or family, or both! A granite-topped island, is as much fun for a friendly celebration as it is for a children’s baking session. Watch the sand pipers over the bay with binoculars from the large windows.
Three bedrooms and bathrooms are downstairs, the other is up. They each have warm underfloor heated oak floors, bright bedding and simple furniture. Down the hand-crafted oak stairs to the ground floor, the barn opens to a spacious hall with seating area and stone floors. Here the master bedroom is spacious and uncluttered with a king size bed and the luxury of an en-suite shower room. The twin room has single beds and is light and airy. Another twin room can be found next door, which has the option of being made with the two single beds or a large super king. An inviting fourth bedroom leads from the living space with a huge super king bed. Bathrooms are head-to-toe in a warm shade of travertine stone.
The lawn garden is small but perfect for sitting and rejuvenating in the peace and sun. Fire up the barbeque and enjoy some fresh fish from the local bay and you will be as happy as a clam.
Beyond the barn are endless fields and amazing sea views so stroll two minutes across the country lane to Borthwen Beach, or strike out on breezy walks along the Anglesey Coastal Path. There are other coves too for bucket-and-spades heaven. Church Bay is a mile and a half away with a good fish restaurant. It is a mile to the nearest shop and a mile and a half to a great dog friendly pub, the Black Lion: nothing interrupts the silence here.
Only ten miles away is the port town of Holyhead, not just offering the convenience of supermarkets but also links to Ireland. The A55 expressway is 10 minutes giving easy access to explore the beauty of the Isle of Anglesey and with the majestic Snowdonia mountain range only a thirty minute drive away.
- A two minute walk from the beach
- Sleeps 8 with four bedrooms and two bathrooms
- Accommodation can cater for 8 guests (can sleep 10 with 2 extra on fold up beds at extra cost)
- 1 master bedroom with king bed and en-suite shower room
- 1 twin room with two singles
- 1 twin room with two singles
- 1 first floor room with super king bed
- Family bathroom with bath, separate shower and heated towel rail
- Cupboard off hallway accommodates washing machine and dryer
- Open plan living area with sofa seating for 8 and dining table for 6-8
- Work island with 4 bar stools
- Wide Screen high Density TV/DVD and Freesat
- Open plan kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, fridge/small freezer
- Heating via under floor heating and radiators on the first floor
- High chair and travel cot available
- Electricity and all bills included
- Parking for two cars outside barn and an overspill car park about 70m away for any additional cars
- Lawn area with table and four chairs
- No smoking
- Limited mobility as on ground floor but has a step up to the barn
- Dogs welcome – up to two dependent upon sizes (at a cost of £20 per dog)
- Wifi available on site but very poor inside barn but can be picked up in hallway and king bedroom
- Mobile reception poor to average
- Restaurant and two pubs within two miles
- Local shop within a mile
- Public transport available within a mile
- From £375 to £1250 (plus £20 per dog)
- Please note: a 30% deposit (excluding last minute bookings) and a £20 booking fee is required at the time of booking
“We have had a super break at this lovely cosy cottage. This time of year, the wood burner was a bonus.” (January 2017)
“The accommodation was lovely and well maintained.” (November 2016)
“We have had a fantastic week at the barn, so impressed with the attention to detail and cleanliness. We have found this location very easy to use as a base to explore the whole of Anglesey. Will definitely be back.” (October 2016)
“Thoroughly enjoyed the cottage and the walks and scenery of Anglesey.” (August 2016)
“Our second time staying at Daisy Moo (the last time was in 2014). I have to say the new owners have done a fantastic job in changing the layout and improving this cosy barn. We didn’t use the wood burner as we had a fab week and the weather was very warm. These are highly recommended barns and we would love to come and stay out of season to enjoy the wood burner and cosy nights.” (August 2016)
“We all love the new Daisy Moo!” (August 2016)
“Another great trip and stay at Daisy Moo. The changes to the layout work really well making it easier to use the outdoor space in an evening when the children are asleep.” (June 2016)
“The cottage is great to come back to after a day’s walking, well equipped and easy to look after. Loved the old posters and picture of “Daisy Moo”. (May 2016)
“Great accommodation, cosy and well equipped. Excellent in all ways and proper home from home with views.” (April 2016)
“Had an amazing weekend at Daisy Moo. What a fabulous place to relax with friends. Really enjoyed great access to beaches, waking up to the lovely sea view and sitting by the cosy log burner.” (March 2016)
“Fab cottage by the sea with everything you need.” (January 2016)
“What a fabulous week we have had at Daisy Moo. The accommodation is wonderful – spacious, stylish and above all comfortable. “(April 2015)
” Just a big thank you to say we had a fantastic time at Big Moo for Maria’s surprise birthday party, our family loved the accommodation and it was so lovely to see the children enjoying themselves in a traditional seaside holiday of beautiful beaches, castles and lighthouses, the same ones we visited many years ago! ”
Nick and family (June 2014)
” We found a perfect place for a family gathering- beach, sand castles and fun for adults and kids alike. We can’t wait to come back soon. ”
Julie and family (September 2013)
” We enjoyed our stay. Very clean and comfortable accommodation. We have visited many of our favourite places on Anglesey. Lovely cottage thank you. ”
Colin and family (April 2014)
BIG MOO, NO 8 BORTHWEN BARNS, LLANFAETHLU, LL65 4PA.
Similar cottages on Anglesey you may like
GLAN GORS FELIN