Stunning views of ships on the horizon greet you from this coastal gem for 10, with an amazing hot tub.
Belan Wen is the best bolthole for ten people enveloped by the beach, ancient trees and open fields. This is the place for a perfect Anglesey holiday. Negotiating a charming but steep lane down to Belan Wen takes time, but when you reach this beach destination you are rewarded with one of our most spectacular hideaways.
In the acre of garden is a bubbling hot tub – bliss and beautifully lit at night. Beach bolthole perfect indoors too – easy living that enables you to relax. The main living area is contemporary with a vast brown leather squishy sofa and a sleek electric fires that warms your soul within minutes – this is the place to cocoon yourself. There’s plenty to keep kids and grown-ups entertained here with an iPod dock, blue ray DVD with a good selection of DVDs and TV with Freeview. For the quieter moments, a reading area nestles in the corner.
Gather around the huge oak table for a hearty seafood meal with great sea views. Cooking is easy here thanks to a well equipped modern kitchen with a wealth of appliances. Practicalities for the celebrations are well covered with the extra drinks fridge in the utility room!
Under the rafters upstairs are two en suite bedrooms with with king beds and TVs too, if you can keep your eyes open after striding the coastal path. For the taller guests, don’t worry, there are ground floor bedrooms without the sloping ceilings. Two rooms with twin beds and one king room with an en-suite too. A family bathroom is on hand across the hall.
You can take in a swim at breakfast on the sandy beach through the gate. Take a brisk walk along at low tide to Red Wharf Bay for a spot of lunch at The Ship Inn. Hop in the car to shop or pop to the pub for the evening and return for a soak in the hot tub. Or just sunbathe on the south-facing patio with a book and BBQ the lobster for supper. The Bothy on the beach serves beach perfect chips and ice cream if you fancy a snack at lunchtime. It is peace personified. Owls are the only night-time revellers around here.
Beaumaris is three miles away – a delightful medieval town. It boasts a 13th century moated castle, lovely buildings housing excellent shops, charming pubs, restaurants, bistros, galleries, as well as a golf course and exciting pleasure boat and sea fishing trips. Thriving Benllech and Red Wharf Bay are seven miles in the car.
Llanddona itself is a tiny village with a magnificent Blue Flag beach and a good local pub. The beach stretches across Red Wharf Bay to Benllech and provides safe bathing, perfect for wonderful family fun, fishing and miles of stunning scenic walks. You will be joined by waterfowl and wading birds, including shell duck, grey plover, purple sandpipers, curlew, oystercatchers and dunlin. This place has it all – it’s fabulous.
- Sleeps 10
- Changeover day is a Friday
- Dog Friendly – up to 2 large dogs (£20/dog extra)
- Hot Tub (seats 6 guests)
- Bedroom 1: first floor, king size bed, sea views, tv/dvd and en-suite shower room
- Bedroom 2: first floor, king size bed, garden views, tv/dvd and en-suite shower room
- Bedroom 3: ground floor, king size bed, sea views, tv and en-suite shower room
- Bedroom 4: ground floor, twin bedroom with tv/dvd partial sea views
- Bedroom 5: ground floor, twin bedroom with tv/dvd and garden views
- Family bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and lavatory
- Sitting room with seating for 10, wall mounted electric fire, sea and garden views
- Kitchen with dining area, wall mounted electric fire and doors to terrace/ garden/hot tub area
- Utility Room / laundry room is situated in separate annex
- Oil central heating and hot water – with electric wall mounted fires in sitting room and dining area
- Electric oven and 5-ring gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher
- Washing machine, tumble dryer, drinks fridge, extra freezer, iron and ironing board all in utility room
- TV with Freeview, Blu-ray DVD, CD/radio with iPod dock, selection of books, games and DVDs
- All bedrooms have televisions
- All utilities are included
- Bed linen, bath towels included
- Full sized Cot, travel cot, 2 x highchairs and stairgate
- There is a dog gate to ensure dogs do not enter the bedrooms
- Plenty of off road parking for 5 cars or more
- Lawned garden in back with garden furniture – front garden has a bench with beach/sea views
- No smoking
- Dogs permitted but please note the garden is fenced but not securely enough for small dogs
- Please note there is CCTV at the property, the camera at the rear/by the hot tub can be covered during your stay, upon written request
- Shops and restaurants 4 miles, pub 1.5 miles walk up very steep hill
- All major supermarkets, including Waitrose, deliver
- Llanddona Beach across from property
- BT Superfast broadband
- Please note: a 30% deposit (excluding last minute bookings) and a booking fee is required at the time of booking.
“Amazing place! Already recommended to my friends and can’t wait to come back. Thank you for some amazing memories!” (Mark, Gail & pooches, September 2018)
“The house is very homely and comfortable and very well equiped. The utility room was extremely useful especially for the dogs. There is nothing to improve the house for us, it is “perfect”. Across the road from a beach is fantastic too. We all enjoyed the cake and fizz – thank you – and the Christmas treats for the dogs was a lovely touch. We will definitely be back.” (Machin family, Christmas 2017)
“Lovely house, so peaceful, very comfortable. Good weather apart from hurricane which was scary! Had a lovely birthday here with family.” (The Wolstenholmes and Oscar the chocolate labrador, October 2017)
“Prepare to be blown away by this spectacular house and location. Everything about this place is just perfect. The house goes on forever. The rooms are huge as is the spectacular garden, which is ideal for dog owners. The views are breathtaking and your every need is more than catered for here. The added luxury of the hot tub was a real treat!! Even the separate laundry facility was wonderful to have. There are plenty of places to explore and the coastline is just beautiful. We have loved every single minute of our stay here and shall be sorry when we have to leave. We have no hesitation in recommending Belan Wen for that special luxury break away.” (Bodie family, October 2017)
“Had a lovely stay in this brilliant house. Everything was well catered for. Thank you very much for the bubbles and cake! We enjoyed many beach walks around this beautiful area and we are sure we will visit again.” (McCann family and Kara the dog, September 2017)
“Really lovely week – very restful. Enjoyed the beach on the doorstep and coastal path too! Hot tub a fantastic bonus and many thanks for milk, fizz and chocolate cake. Will definitely love to return.” (Hatchwell family, August 2017)
“We had a stunning holiday. Thanks for the nice accommodation, spacious outdoor ground. That the sea front was just across the road greatly enhanced the holiday. The bench on top of the hill is a great location for relaxing by seeing the sea. Your manager, Jackie, is number 1” (Filip family, August 2017)
“The house is the best house we have ever stayed in, first class services and a holiday of a lifetime, greatest appreciation to the landlords. Thank you for everything! (Filip extended family, August 2017)
“Our 2nd time here, “that says a lot”, we will once again be back to enjoy the peace only Belan Wen can offer. Thank you so much. A true bolthole and hideaway x. ” (The Peake’s, June 2017)
“Beautiful house, with everything we needed, the arrival gifts of many Easter eggs and daffodils, plus champs was a lovely gesture and makes a great start to the break. After booking quite a few places through Catherine – yet again I couldn’t fault her. Great time had by all. The hot tub and teen rooms downstairs entertained 2 teen boys and the beach was fab and enjoyed especially by our dogs ! Many thanks xxx” (The Aitkers, April 2017)
BELAN WEN, LLANDDONA, LL58 8UW.
Similar cottages on Anglesey you may like
TAN Y BRYN