Spend your days beachcombing and rock pooling and enjoy the sublime beauty of skies that start at your feet, and light that changes by the minute. This blissful bolthole sits on the northwest coast in an acre of seclusion- just sea and sky. Dogs are invited too!
Inside it is stylish, uncluttered and there are views of the sea from nearly all of the light-filled rooms.
The double bedroom is simply furnished and has an en-suite shower room. The twin room is simple and airy. Let the sea and lighthouse beam lull you to sleep.
A little day room has a day bed that can sleep one person, or on which to catch up on the reading or simply day dream. A small loft area above the living room also offers an extra space for reading or relaxing or sleeping for one, with a little window to gaze out from.
An additional bathroom off the living area offers a place to soak after the long coastal path walks. It has the washing machine and dryer too.
Look for the seals out at sea whilst washing the dishes in the simple kitchen. It may be small but it has all that you need with a dishwasher, fridge and small freezer, microwave and oven/hob and the views.
Drift off on the sofa watching the boats pass by. Curl up in front of the wood burning stove and enjoy the wild weather. The winds and waves can be majestic but can absorb the heat. The wood burning stove and modern storage heaters help ward off the cold, but please bear in mind that this is not a modern centrally heated house! If the views are too much for you, there is a flat screen high density television and DVD player to watch.
The dining area for six has the best views around. Catch a crab and have a leisurely lunch or dine by candlelight with the doors open and watch the starry skies.
Swing open the patio doors in the living area to sit on the decking area and enjoy the wild beach garden and the sounds of the tide and the curlews. The surprisingly sheltered garden drops gently to the pebbles and sandy expanses with hardly any boundary between you and the beach.
There is a BBQ and table and chairs. Parking is ample outside.
A 20-minute walk along this Area of Outstanding Beauty leads you to another cove at Church Bay. Here you will find the infamous Lobster Pot restaurant and a little cafe. In the opposite direction you can walk two miles to the village of Llanfaethlu which has a little shop and along about another mile is The Black Lion pub which is excellent and works hard to offer the best local food and even welcomes dogs.
- Accommodation can cater for up to six guests
- 1 double bedroom with en-suite shower room
- 1 compact double bedroom with either two single beds or a 6 foot super king bed
- Small breakfast room off living area with breakfast bar/single day bed (3 foot bed that can be used for sleeping purposes)
- Open loft area with single bed and narrow ladder access (may be suitable for an adult or a supervised child)
- Small bathroom with bath/hand shower and heated towel rail. Accommodates washing machine and dryer
- Spacious living area with wood burning stove and seating for six
- Kitchen small with dishwasher, microwave, fridge and small freezer space
- High chair, travel cot and children’s toys available
- Heating via modern storage heaters and a wood burning stove (please note the property can be subject to high winds during the year which can absorb the heat!)
- Wide Screen High Density TV/DVD
- Electricity and all bills included
- Parking for three cars
- BBQ, patio table and chairs
- No smoking
- All rooms on ground floor once the slope or step up to the decking area has been overcome
- Dogs welcome – up to three dependent upon sizes (at a cost of £20 per dog)
- No wifi
- Public transport available within two miles
- Mobile reception poor to average
- Restaurant and two pubs within two miles
- Local shop within a mile
- Please note: a 30% deposit (excluding last minute bookings) and a £20 booking fee is required at the time of booking.