Bay House is a Grade II listed Victorian treasure trove of luxury with a modern twist to ensure every need is met
Bay House is an oasis of calm right on the waterfront in beautiful Beaumaris. Stunning interiors, enormous light filled rooms and views you will definitely want to write home about! A wonderful haven for large families or groups of friends getting together to make memories abounding.
Open the grand aquamarine front door and congratulate yourself in finding the perfect house for entertaining. Immerse yourself in healthy sea air and absorb the spectacular views across the Menai Strait to the mountains of Snowdonia. Jaw dropping moments abound. Watch the sunrises and sets fa wondrous sun drenched deck.
So what can you expect upon arrival? You will find a small slice of heaven has been dropped here so you can enjoy the ever changing mountain and sea views.
The feeling of space is instantaneous – open the door into a stunning hall that leads you through the doors to the contemporary kitchen with a dining area that draws your attention to the incredible deck area outside. Contemporary meets vintage meets glamour at Bay House. This kitchen, with stunning ever changing views over the Strait, has every modern convenience you could wish for. Two multi-function ovens, two large fridges, a Nespresso coffee machine with complimentary capsules ready for your first breakfast. Imagine yourself dining on freshly caught lobster while looking out to sea, fire lit and the warmth of friends and family around you. Don’t fancy cooking at all then just let us know and we can arrange for a chef to visit you. Waiting staff can also be in attendance if all you wish to do is sit back and enjoy the company and scenery.
With space abounding on all five storeys of this house it is time to explore… A quiet classic study designed for peaceful reflection is tucked in just by the front door. Here you will find WiFi and a desk with a monitor awaiting your computer – the home office to balance work life and family time.
Downstairs in the basement is the ultimate “chilling zone” where huge fat soft grey sofas embrace each wall with a roaring gas effect log burner as its focus. There’s an enormous state-of-the-art television for those who love film nights and plenty of space for crazy party games.
Open the doors to an enormous shower room where wetsuits can be hung after a busy day of exploring the coastal waters off Anglesey. Even the utility area is enticing – with its large washing machine and tumble dryer begging to make even the mundane tasks in life easier! With emergency beach towels provided just in case Spring comes early or the Autumn sun shines – the owners really want you to relax!
Go back up the elegant stairs past the contemporary art and huge mirrors and you will find six large bedrooms bathed in light and full of comfortable furnishings. Each bedroom has been decorated with chic fabrics and beds that make you wish the night was longer.
The original bathroom on the first floor is panelled and has a marble sink that makes you look twice. An enormous walk in shower and deep cast iron bath brings the idea of luxuriating in a bath of bubbles to the forefront of your mind.
Drift toward the master bedroom where you can sit on the huge window seat watching the moon rise over the Straits. Lie back in the super king sized bed and gaze out the window – no need to close the curtains as only the birds can see in. Watch the sun rise slowly on another day of fun. The colour of the mountains is ever changing and incredibly beautiful – unique in so many ways.
A large twin bedroom sits proudly at the front of the house and boasts an original and ornate marble fireplace. With blissfully comfortable beds and plenty of space you are sure to feel rested if you sleep in this room.
Up another flight of steps to the second floor where you will be impressed by yet another decadent bathroom – with a huge Edwardian bath, a huge marble shower and bidet fit for a king!
The King bedroom down the hall has spectacular sea views and a luxuriously comfortable bed to sink into at the end of another glorious day. Sleep soundly, and enjoy yet another King bedroom at the front of the house this time with an en-suite shower room. Time to get ready to go out or perhaps you’d rather sit back and rest a while!
Up the final flight of stairs to the third floor and a wonderfully large twin bedroom and yet another bedroom, with a super king size bed to await you.
This house is the perfect base for large families or groups of friends – enough space to allow you time alone and yet so much space where you can all get together, an ideal combination for the perfect gathering.
We can almost guarantee you will want to ditch the idea of going out on at least one of your days. Why venture anywhere when you can sit back on the deck and enjoy watching the yachties sail by – so much freedom without having to leave the comfort of your armchair! If you fancy a small outing then pop out to the shops and cafes that are moments away, or collect your car from The Green and head off to nearby Penmon Lighthouse and soak in some more stunning views.
Please note the fireplaces in all the bedrooms and the study have been decommissioned since photographing Bay House.
- Sleeps 12
- Please note, since photographing Bay House, the fireplaces have been decommissioned in the study and all the bedrooms.
- As we are aware parking spaces in Beaumaris are scarce, £40 is offered towards parking on The Green for two cars – the nearest parking area. The Green car pass buying instructions are sent upon booking. The rental cost published on line has already been reduced by £40 to account for the parking cost.
- 6 bedrooms with 4 bathrooms
- Large entrance hall
- Ground floor – Study with superfast fibre broadband and monitor for computers to link up to
- Fully equipped kitchen with 2 multi function ovens, induction hob, dishwasher and 2 large fridges
- Nespresso coffee machine with complimentary capsules for your first breakfast
- Gas fire in dining area
- Spectacular sea and mountain views
- Large basement with sitting room – with large television, comfortable seating and gas effect wood burning stove
- Utility Room – with lavatory, shower and basin, washing machine, dryer and iron
- Freezer located in basement
- 1st floor – master bedroom with super-king size bed, stunning sea views, tv
- 1st floor – large twin bedroom
- 1st floor – large bathroom with wood panelling, marble sink, shower and deep cast iron bath
- 2nd floor – King size bedroom with en-suite shower room
- 2nd floor – King size bedroom with spectacular sea views, tv
- 2nd floor – huge bathroom with original Edwardian bath, walk-in shower, basin and bidet
- 3rd floor – large twin bedroom with sea views
- 3rd floor – super king bedroom, tv
- Travel cot and highchair are available
- No smoking both inside the property and on the terrace
- No pets, sorry
- Please note as this is such a large house the Wifi can be challenging upstairs.
- Please note: a 30% deposit (excluding last minute bookings) and a booking fee is required at the time of booking.
” Thank you for letting us share your beautiful house, my family and I have had a wonderful stay and we hope we may return in the future. Something for everyone to do and see….. fell in love with the house and the place ! P.S. The cake was amazing demolished in record time (August Bank Holiday, 2016) “
Bay House, 47 Castle Street, Beaumaris LL58 8BB
Similar cottages on Anglesey you may like
TAN Y BRYN