Ael Y Bryn
A light filled Bolthole with sea views overlooking the Malltraeth Estuary
Ael Y Bryn is a light filled family home that will embrace you upon arrival, perfect for dog lovers and wildlife enthusiasts alike. Set on one level to make everything so easy, and with views from large picture windows, the countryside welcomes you from every angle.
A large family kitchen awaits get togethers galore, plenty of fridge space and a freezer too allows the forward planning of feasts. Eating inside at farmhouse table or al fresco with two tables and a garden to enjoy makes for a happy gathering. Friends and family will find their own nook to relax in as space is aplenty. An open log fire draws everyone to the large sofas to catch up on news and plan the days ahead. Ael Y Bryn makes the most of the views – with carefully positioned chairs to allow the mind to empty of all its stresses and for nature to work her magic. Turn on the television if you must but we challenge programmes to match the views before you. Clouds pass, sun shines, rain falls – each mood captured to perfection.
Plenty of large modern shower rooms ensure tired sandy bodies can rinse off ready for bed without queues forming. A double bedroom opposite the first shower room grabs the finest of views. Draw the curtains if you must but with just sheep for neighbours leaving them open is an option. Next along a twin with comfy beds and more views to share. Along the long hall another pair of bedrooms sit both with their own en suite shower rooms. The main master bedroom commands a view to sit for. Read quietly as the sun sets and smile knowing you can explore again tomorrow.
For those with furry four legged friends in tow this easy dog friendly house boasts a boot room to dry off in. No need to worry here as the owners are dog mad and have thought of everything to make your life easier. A drying room for sea drenched pooches and dog friendly floors in all the living areas – relax, dogs are part of the family and treasured here.
Easy dog walks from the house ensure life remains convenient – down the country lane sits the Malltraeth Estuary in all her beauty ensuring your binoculars will be busy. Wildlife abounds and sea views draw you in as the ever changing colours make your smile all the wider.
Plenty to see and do
Ael Y Bryn is just moments away from the coastal village of Malltraeth with its cycle paths and secret cake stops. It is an easy drive to the beautiful sandy beaches at Aberffraw and Newborough and further afield, to Rhosneigr. In fact, Ael Y Bryn couldn’t be located in a better part of Anglesey! Newborough Forest is home to red squirrels which are a treat if you can spot them and the whole coastline offers delightful opportunities for coastal walking, bird watching and exploring. Llanddwyn Island, at the end of Newborough beach, is a must when the tide is out.
A 15 minute drive towards Llanfair PG brings you to the spectacular Menai Strait, home to the Angelsey Sea Zoo and Foel Farm Park, both firm family favourites. Next door is Halen Môn, home to world renowned Anglesey Sea Salt and the wonderful Tide Llanw Cafe which is not to be missed! Local and seasonal food can also be found at the Marram Grass which is just a short drive away. Stock up on local seasonal produce and, in the summer, pick your own crops, at Hootons Homegrown which also serves tasty home cooked breakfasts, lunches and cakes.
Plas Newydd and Penrhyn Castle, both magnificent National Trust properties are within easy reach and you should not miss out on a visit to Plas Cadnant Hidden Gardens, a gem tucked away on the road between Menai Bridge and Beaumaris. History buffs will love Bryn Celli Ddu which is close to Plas Newydd – this neolithic burial mound is a spectacular reminder of Anglesey’s ancient roots. If you are happy to range further afield, the whole of the island of Anglesey is on your doorstep, ready to explore within a half hour drive and the varied attractions of the Snowdonia National Park are on tap for day trips and adventures.
- Sleeps up to 8 guests
- Accommodation is all on one level
- Dog friendly – two dogs (£20/dog)
- Changeover day is Friday or a Monday (4pm check in/10am check out)
- Short breaks available Nov to March – excluding peak weeks
- Some flexibility may be possible off peak
- Entrance hall with downstairs lavatory off
- Master bedroom with twin beds, chest of drawers, chairs by large picture window and en suite shower room
- Twin bedroom with en suite shower room (with wardrobe space), chest of drawers and chairs
- Double bedroom
- Twin bedroom with two single beds and built in wardrobe
- Shower Room with lavatory, basin, towel rail and shower
- Sitting room with large picture windows with spectacular views across the Malltraeth Estuary to Snowdon and the Llŷn Peninsula, open log fire, three large sofas and two upright armchairs, SMART television, dvd player and music system
- WiFi throughout
- Kitchen with large range cooker with gas hob and electric oven, dishwasher, microwave and large fridge
- Large kitchen table
- Large boot room with external door so ideal for coats, boots and wet dogs
- Utility area off boot room with chest freezer, washing machine and dryer
- Garden enclosed with Estate Fencing – please be aware there is livestock in the fields surrounding the house
- Large lawned area
- Plenty of off road parking with a gate to close
- Picnic table and table with chairs on terrace by front door
- Travel cot (no bedding supplied) and high chair available
- Iron and ironing board
- Parking within private gated area
- No smoking
- Please note: a 30% deposit (excluding last minute bookings) and a booking fee is required at the time of booking.
“We have just had the most amazing few days in Anglesey, thank you so much. Your house is absolutely gorgeous, the views are breathtaking and the surrounding area is just lovely. We enjoyed some great walks with the dogs, the weather couldn’t have been better. It was a great place to celebrate David’s birthday, plenty of time to enjoy books, games, very long breakfasts and mooching. We loved the garden, so much space to play ball and race about, next doors dog and the sheep popped their heads over to say hello. We’ve got some great photos and memories of a very special weekend in your beautiful house.”
Newly opened end of May 2019
Ael Y Bryn, Malltraeth, Anglesey LL62 5LL
Similar cottages on Anglesey you may like