Anglesey is special because of the places that you can go to and the things that you can do that other countries don’t have, like:
- go to RAF Valley and watch the fighter jets taking off right over your head;
- or walk along Newborough Beach to Love Island, eating ice lollies, and see the wild ponies;
- or go the the Oriel Ynys Mon gallery to see the beautiful pictures and sculptures and have chicken goujons for lunch!;
- or go to South Stack and walk down lots of steps (it was very tiring) to see the lighthouse;
- or do a tour of Penrhyn Castle and after that play on the kids’ outdoor gym;
- or go to Church Bay beach and, guess what, you don’t even have to get in the car! If you walk up the cliffs there are beautiful views and you could comb the beach for junk. Once we found a hard hat!;
- or you could pretend to fire a cannon across the Menai Strait at Plas Newydd.
If you go to Anglesey, I hope you have a lovely time!
Bea stayed at Borthwen Barns near Church Bay, and thinks it is great Anglesey holiday cottage right by the sea. There are plenty of boltholes by the sea on Anglesey to choose from on the website for any other budding reporters to come to stay.