1 Pen Y Parc
A large house, just a stroll away from Baron Hill Golf Club, Beaumaris
A magnificent country house, 1 Pen y Parc is set in breathtakingly beautiful gardens within walking distance of Beaumaris. Occupying the southern wing of this historic mansion, this is a light-filled holiday house that ensures everyone has their own space. Stunning sea and mountain views and vast open gardens ensure peace is the main priority. Wildlife lovers will enjoy watching the red squirrels scamper across the lawn and listening to the woodpeckers. If you are really lucky, a hare will rest awhile upon the lawn.
Steeped in history, 1 Pen Y Parc is a house beyond most people’s expectations – high ceilings, enormous rooms and views that will stop you in your tracks. A large entrance hall complete with a piano, for true pianists to play, doubles as a quieter seating area to curl up and dip into your holiday read.
A vast drawing room with plump sofas and easy chairs ensure time together in front of a roaring fire is as comfortable as the company surrounding you. Large glass doors open onto a wrap-around sunroom that ensures the light filters into the drawing room. Here further seating is to be found and wildlife watching is a must. A large dining table sits quietly tucked around a corner from the sofas, requesting you bring your own cheerful chatter to this peaceful location. Perhaps an early cup of coffee at the table, and a much-enjoyed read of your newspaper, as the house awakens will be your wish.
The heart of most houses is the kitchen and this one doesn’t disappoint – it is as grand as the house it caters for. Double ovens and a large fridge will make catering a breeze. A kitchen table at the ready for children to relax at, whilst those on breakfast duty smile on knowing the day ahead is for all-important memory making. Space abounds in this room so a private chef can be arranged to make your stay truly relaxing. Special occasions are easy to enjoy here as 1 Pen y Parc excels at entertaining.
Just off the kitchen is a shower room ready for explorers to sneak out quietly before others awake.
Up the grand stairs where the high ceiling makes sitting on the stairs a temptation which most will give into. Here you will find four spacious bedrooms, each as light-filled as the other. A double bedroom is the simplest of all these bedrooms and comfortable for two – the others just allow so much flexibility for different groups to enjoy this house. Two twin bedrooms become Super Kings should you so wish. The extra pull out beds can be moved in too so if children abound all will enjoy midnight feasts aplenty, allowing 1 Pen y Parc to sleep 10.
A large family bathroom with a double ended bath and separate shower ensures beach filled days are washed away in style. Down the long hall, and away from all the others, sits the master bedroom. Here a King sized bed and ensuite shower room allow that little bit of luxury – but little is not this house’s style so open the French doors onto your own balcony and gaze in admiration at the Menai Strait and mountains beyond. Listen to the chattering wildlife from above the pond and smile at the red squirrels as they scamper past, as you sip your morning cup of coffee knowing peace is possible. This is definitely the way life should be.
Once the magnificence of 1 Pen y Parc has been absorbed you can begin to see its location is as incredible. An easy walk along a country lane, or a five-minute drive, will bring you to the gorgeous Georgian seaside town of Beaumaris. Brimming with history and the site of the most perfect example of an Edward I concentric castle, this coastal town will not disappoint. Visit the RNLI station and stroll along the pier. Grab your crabbing buckets and take yourself back to your own childhood or introduce this pastime to the next generation.
Look across the Strait to the Snowdonia mountains and book a boat trip to enjoy its full glory. Restaurants, pubs, shops and galleries await those who wish to do nothing more than potter awhile. For golf enthusiasts, a quick nip over the road from Pen Y Parc to the oldest privately owned golf course in the UK should get your holiday started on the right note.
Further afield, Anglesey is so easy to explore from Beaumaris. And for those with mountains to conquer, you can be parked up and exploring within half an hour. How perfect can we make it?
- Sleeps up to 8 guests
- Dog friendly for one small (border terrier sized or smaller), well behaved dog. Please note there are certain restrictions at this property: the shared grounds are not enclosed and there are cattle/sheep in the fields near by. We request dogs are kept on a lead if being walked in the grounds.
- Can sleep another 2 making 10 guests if children don’t mind fold out beds (please enquire)
- Changeover day is Friday or a Monday (4pm check in/10am check out)
- Short breaks available Nov to March – excluding peak weeks
- Some flexibility may be possible off peak
- Master bedroom with king bed, chest of drawers and wardrobe
- Balcony off Master Bedroom with stunning mountain and garden views, bistro table and chairs
- En suite shower room with lavatory and basin
- Double bedroom with wardrobe
- Twin bedroom with two single beds, wardrobe and chest of drawers
- Twin bedroom with chest of drawers and hanging cupboard for shirts
- Both twin bedrooms can become Super King beds upon request when booking
- Extra single fold out “mattress bed” and a single z-bed can be requested upon booking (no extra charge) – these beds will fit in all but the double bedroom
- Family Bathroom with double ended bath, separate shower, basin and lavatory
- Large Sitting Room with sofas, armchairs and open fireplace
- Downstairs lavatory
- Downstairs shower room with lavatory and basin
- Large sunroom with plenty of seating and another dining table, sliding doors to garden
- Picnic bench seating outside
- Large kitchen with range cooker (with double oven), fridge/freezer, dishwasher and Bose Music system
- Utility area with washing machine and dryer
- Large Hall with piano, seating area and stairs to bedrooms
- WiFi throughout
- Spectacular shared grounds – 9 acres of mature shrubs and a large pond
- Outdoor seating on balcony and in garden
- Highchair and travel cot available
- Iron and ironing board
- Private parking
- No smoking
- No pets, sorry
- Please note: a 30% deposit (excluding last minute bookings) and a booking fee is required at the time of booking.
Newly opened, comments to follow
1 Pen Y Parc, Beaumaris, Anglesey LL58 8YW
Similar cottages on Anglesey you may like
TAN Y BRYN