1 Chester Bolthole
A spacious townhouse for four, overlooking Chester Racecourse
1 Chester Bolthole is a dog-friendly bolthole that allows you to watch the races from the privacy of your own kitchen – yes really! With private parking for one car and a simple crossing of the road to place a flutter, this holiday house has gone the extra furlong.
A tall and proud townhouse awaits your adventurous nature in this historic city. Plenty of hall space for coats, hats and racecourse finery. Climb the stairs to the light and airy kitchen with every modern convenience you could need to make a city break stress free. A large table for get-togethers and pre-race discussions, nightcaps and strong black coffee the morning after, brewed by the De Dietrich coffee machine an all singing attendant. Even the tea is made easily here thanks to the Quooker hot tap. Spoiled you will be.
With Restaurant1539 a stride away you may choose to dine out each night, an easy luxury you deserve.
Relax in deep sofas at 1 Chester Bolthole and finish your drinks. TV addicts will enjoy the Sky box and BT My View awaiting those who need some downtime.
Getting ready for your adventure couldn’t be more pleasurable in the most enormous shower room we have seen, with underfloor heating throughout the bathroom, indulgent it will be. Run a bath instead, filled with bubbles for the inner child, with soft towels heated ready.
Upstairs two bedrooms you will find – a master with king-sized bed and masses of space to hang your much-loved outfit chosen with such care. With garden and city views, the skyline draws you in happily ensuring peace and quiet.
Across the hall, another king sized bed with desk too – for those who need to work. The WiFi friendly space allows for busy moments that we sometimes cannot avoid. Mix business with pleasure if you can and enjoy the Roman City of Chester, arguably the richest city in Britain archaeologically and architecturally.
With the oldest continuously operating racecourse in Great Britain – some say in the world – smiles have been on faces since 1539. By 1817 a grandstand was needed as crowds became so huge. The thunder of hooves in the final furlong, a tip of a hat, a nod of a head, the clinking of celebratory drinks as a win has happened. The Chester Experience is easy when you know where to stay.
- Sleeps up to 4 guests
- Private parking for 1 car nearby
- Dog friendly – 1 small dog please state breed
- Changeover day is flexible, 3 night minimum (4pm check in/10am check out)
- Short breaks available throughout the year
- Across the road from Chester Racecourse
- Kitchen table with seating for 6
- Fully equipped kitchen with De Dietrich oven, microwave, induction hob, washing machine/dryer and dishwasher
- De Dietrich coffee machine
- Quooker hot water tap
- Sitting room with two sofas Smart TV, Sky Box, BT My View
- Walk in shower room with under floor heating
- Bathroom with privacy door, basin, bath, heated towel rail and lavatory
- Master bedroom with King Sized bed, wardrobe, mirror and side tables
- King bed in second bedroom with chest of drawers and desk
- Gas central heating and constant hot water on HIVE system
- Travel cot (no bedding supplied) and high chair available
- Electricity and gas included
- No smoking
- Dog charge £20 extra
- Please note: a 30% deposit (excluding last minute bookings) and a booking fee is required at the time of booking
Newly opened, comments to follow